8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Want to sell Entire 8mm collection

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Want to sell Entire 8mm collection
Angela Jones
Junior

- posted August 12, 2009 10:51 AM      Profile for Angela Jones   Email Angela Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just inherited from an old timer friend his large 8mm and Super 8 collection. Includes 2 Elmo GS1200 projectors, elmo take up reels,2 kodack EKTASOUND movie decks, 1 Brownie 300, 3 anamorphic lens, Elmo projection soom lens, movie screens,2 dalite 12 ft screen( with mounts) bulbs,manuals, movie related books, accessory cords, cables, splicers, empty reels,and more movie related things, 120 full length features( some spliced together),approximately 275 single reels( 8mm, super 8, scope, single reels, some 2 and 3 reel sets in original boxes, some in plactic packages never opened or viewed. I am looking for someone in my area to purchase the entire collection. If interested please email me for further details. breezyridge@windstream.net

|  IP: Logged

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2009 11:06 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2 Elmo GS1200 projectors, 120 full length features

Wow!!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Seriously though depending on condition you are talking several thousand dollars just for the above alone!

Graham S

Angela Jones
Junior

- posted August 12, 2009 12:55 PM      Profile for Angela Jones   Email Angela Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I understand! He was a retired projectionist and believed in having back ups of almost everything. I know for sure 1 of the elmos is in working order( I got it out for him not long before he passed away). He didn't want me to get any films out, just his way of reflecting I guess. The others comes on and run. He had everything stored in the house in the basement where it was cool and dry. I feel everything should be in good condition. A few of the flims have notes when there is something wrong. He loved movies but had been sick for a long time. I have sorted the films by size and who produced them and so forth. I could start selling on ebay but I do not feel I have the knowledge about all the stuff to do so. Everything is still in the house with the heating and cooling system running. I would like to find someone to purchase it all.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted August 12, 2009 01:57 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, and I just need certain items

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 12, 2009 02:48 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Angela ...

I know that this would take a little time, but you might want to catalog what films this fella has (had), as most on this forum are looking for specific titles, but are probably not of a financial status to buy a whole collection entire.

At least I know I'm not.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2009 05:03 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The GS projectors if in fully working order could go for anywhere between $1200 - $1600 each. More if one or both are the Zenon model. The features, if they are top titles on LPP or other low fade stock, could be worth $200 to $350 each. Im talking about big hollywood blockbusters like Ben Hur and Terminator 2 etc. Earlier films and digests of lesser quality from like Walton films and Mountain films could still be worth $100 each. Add them all up and you have a lot of money.

Tip: check out exactly what films you have and dont sell them too cheaply because they may end up on Ebay making a lot of money for somebody else.

Graham S

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2009 06:02 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Angela,

Thank you for telling us; I would love a GS projector myself.

Let us know what films you have available.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 12, 2009 07:12 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have exactly the same reaction as Graham
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2009 10:19 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Angela, how far from Nashville are you?

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 13, 2009 12:48 AM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
erm - I sold two like-new (non-xenon) GS-1200s a few years ago on ebay and only got $800/ea for them. Graham: Are you sure they sell for $1200-$1600 these days? I find that a bit hard to believe.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted August 13, 2009 01:48 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Angela,

You've got mail!

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 13, 2009 07:01 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steven, I am no expert on prices and only take them as a very rough estimate. As I said a lot will depend on condition and how they are presented on Ebay. Mabye $1600 is a little high in todays world, but it could happen if they were absoulatley mint. The features will all depend on the title and what stock they are on, as well as if they are complete with not much wear etc.

Overall its hard to say without seeing a list of titles or what size reels they are on?

Graham S

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 13, 2009 07:37 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An Elmo GS1200 telecine model sold the other day on ebay for a little over 1200 dollars. I got lucky a few months ago and stumbled across the new listing for a GS with a buy it now of 650. It came with all the accessories..remote ...tons of patch cords...cover...mint instruction book.... and indeed I got it and it was in almost pristine working condition. I sent it to Leon Norris for a two blade shutter and tune up and it's great. My first GS. It also came equipped not with the usual f1.1 lens, but a nice and fairly rare f1.0. I saw a xenon model on ebay go for about 2500 a few weeks ago as well. That is too much, I think. Although supposedly it came with a new unused spare bulb...which is not cheap to begin with.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted August 13, 2009 07:54 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, I don't know how you sent email, I tried twice and the administrator blocked or denied - Shorty

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted August 13, 2009 09:03 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember when Steven had the GS1200 for sale. The problem why his sold for so much lower than normal was because at that time there were 4 of them on Ebay! And it seemed a new one every week.
They do normally run for $1200-1600 and at the top end that would be mint condition in the box with all accessories.
A fair price for the Xenon machine would be around $2500 for the P model and maybe a little higher for the Record model. For the record model it could go as high as $3500- as we saw earlier on the Ebay auction.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 13, 2009 09:06 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe ...

Just simply write down her e-mail address in that first post and manually go to your own e-mail, type in the e-mail address and your ready to go.

Old school, I know, but it works. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted August 13, 2009 03:38 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, duh! Didn't think again - Obliged

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 13, 2009 05:49 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Angela, I've sent you an email.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 14, 2009 05:59 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
couldn't open the list she sent me, but doesn't matter...I can't afford $15,000 [Eek!]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

John Hourigan
Master Film Handler

- posted August 14, 2009 11:37 PM      Profile for John Hourigan   Email John Hourigan       Edit/Delete Post 
Angela, your post indicates that you're from Raywick, Ky. Believe it or not, we used to own a farm in nearby Gravel Switch, Ky. We now live in Colorado, but I wish I was still in Marion County so that I could make an offer on some of the films in the collection!

[ August 15, 2009, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: John Hourigan ]

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2009 12:50 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd need an additional $15K for a divorce lawyer - my wife would kill me.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC