8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo VP-A Projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo VP-A Projector
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 24, 2009 02:38 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few weeks ago my wife picked up this little silent Elmo projector at a swap meet.
 -
The add is from May 1973 Movie Maker.
 -

-
The condition of this projector was very good I managed to dismantle most of the lens and give it a good clean "came up good" the belts were in excellent condition. The only thing apart from giving the projector a clean up and lube was the lamp pins as initally the lamp would not go cleaning those pins like in most projectors fixed that problem. The last thing was to clean the motor commutator and brushes this was easy and accessible, the motor looked in good condition.
 -

-
a nice little silent projector
I have not come across this make of projector before can anyone tell me anything about it? It does appear that it came out around middle of 1973 but the production run seems short as I cant find any mention of it in the years following. This film projector like so many you come across including other makes seem to last forever. I did run some film through it and even though the lamp is only 50watt it still looked good. The price of projectors back then were expensive this one being 61 pound and a ST1200 in 1973 at 246 pound.

Graham.

|  IP: Logged

Glenn Tarr
Junior

- posted May 27, 2014 03:52 PM      Profile for Glenn Tarr   Email Glenn Tarr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, this is Glenn. I was directed to your post about the VP-A Model Dual-Filmatic.8mm Projector.

The pictures you provided of the interior, is good. However I need to see the rear belt pulleys face on. So I can see how that belt is routed at that end of the projector.

I am not sure if you were looking to sell it, or if you still have it. But if your can help please let me know. Thanks Glenn.

P.S. this little ELMO projector was popular in its day. The label on mine says the S/N is 613126. No date on the label. I had to replace the belts. But I am not sure if I did it right. The manual does not show how to route them. I am concerned about that rear group as stated, as if I run the projector the belt jumps pulleys at the end. And sometimes the front end jumps also. I also have a small spring at the back of the green loader part that is stretched out. And it will not auto load, and it will not run if I hand thread it. I think by then to belt has jumped. Thanks for listening. Glenn

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 27, 2014 05:35 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Glen

Sorry I cant help at the moment as the projector as with most of our stuff is in storage, while our house is getting repaired.

However we will hopefully be back in around three weeks time, then I will get it out and take some close up pictures for you.

Regards Graham.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC