8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Boxes anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boxes anyone?
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 14, 2012 06:38 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just wondered how important boxes is to people. To me, they are quite important. I would really like to get a complete box for the Elmo ST-1200D MO with preferably the manual as well. Would like to hear if you can offer me this and at what price ... Would pay what I think would be fair

Thank you

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 14, 2012 07:17 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar,

Beside the original box (cartoon) you also need to located the hard case. ST-1200 series has this while GS-1200 has only soft case.

I think all boxes and hard cases for ST-1200 series have the same size, so although there are 3 series at ST-1200 series (ST-1200, ST-1200D, ST-1200HD with variation of M and M/O) they would fit each other. So you do not need to focus on M/O series.

For the cartoon, when the factory used the box for M/O, they just put a sticker on the box to distinguish with non M/O.

BTW, I notice all Elmo boxes never say "Super 8mm" but only "8mm", anyone notice it?

--------------------
Winbert

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2012 09:32 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
never noticed it until you pointed it out here is mine I have 2 hd's and store 1 of them in this.
 -

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted December 14, 2012 10:10 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think they are very important - particularly if you need to transport projectors to shows and need to protect them from knocks. It surprises me that Elmo never produced a hard case for the GS as I'm sure there would be demand, although one that added significantly to the weight would be bad news! Even today, if a flight case manuafacturer could make reasonably light cases that were geared for (e.g.) the GS and Eiki's slim projectors, they could probably sell quite a few.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2012 03:16 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I always thought a nice carry case made available for projectors would be a good investment, maybe with changeable inserts to hold various projectors ie 8mm or 16mm, when I had my 35mm portables thay had a nice carry box with a cloth interior with the tripod bases in a rugged carry bag.

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 14, 2012 03:44 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So noone has a spare they want to make some money on then? ;-)

I'll try to get my uncle, a carpenter to maybe make a decent box, but would be awesome with the original box though

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 14, 2012 04:27 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, if you are looking for the hard case, I have one available for sale.

Email me.

--------------------
Winbert

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 14, 2012 04:33 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, sent an email, Winbert

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2012 08:52 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All, hope your all well and in the festive mood!!!!.I read this post earlier and got me thinking, i have a gs1200 like many on the forum here and to be honest the box is pretty much spent now.I still got the poly inserts which just about protect the projector when moved from place to place,so what if we approached a manufacturer with the a brief to make an exact copy of the elmo box in its design but made in that fibre board material or that black plastic ,i think its called polyethelene.This stuff is tuff but light and can be made very strong with rivets used ,i would want space for some reels at each end and maybe the base beefed up a bit with ply,this i know can be done ,also i would want to retain the handle affair that elmo use (the cut out in the top ),i think this is an excellent idea and should be retained ( my personel view).So following on a bit from the initial post and on to what adrian said with his post, what do think gents ? lets have your thoughts on this and who would be interested in purchasing one. I 'd be more than happy to follow it in the uk and already have someone in mind , but this would depend on numbers i feel.If i could impress upon a manufactuer here that numbers would follow we could get them at a good price. Lets hear from all those with a gs to see what they would want and i'll colate the info and put it to them.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 21, 2012 04:47 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, I have an extra Elmo accessory case with all pieces for sale if you need one. It contains microphone/stand, brushes, earphone, external speaker plug, and Elmo head cleaning sticks (Q tips). $25.00 + shipping. PM or e-mail me if you are interested.  -  -

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 23, 2012 12:52 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I told him I wanted it, but he had an empty box too

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted December 23, 2012 12:54 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok vidar i will remove the post. thats great.now it will be complete. [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC