8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm for sale/trade/wanted   » Pathe Gem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pathe Gem
Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2014 12:28 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just recently acquired a Pathe Gem but it is missing the reel arms. Can anyone help me with a set? Took me a few hours to strip it down clean and lubricate, convert to halogen lighting, but it now runs fine. If no one can help perhaps info of someone who might have a supply of spares or a non runner for sale.
Thanks in advance

|  IP: Logged

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2014 09:36 AM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Teery, you may be lucky at the forthcoming "Group 9.5" Get together at Harpenden Village Halls on 19th October. We get a lot of dealers there selling bits and pieces as well as films and projectors. ken Finch.

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2014 11:20 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Ken for the pointer. I have now secured a set but I do intend to go to The Harpenden meet. Never been before so looking forward to it.

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2014 03:43 AM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Terry, Look out for me and say "Hello". I will wear a label round my neck!! Ken Finch.

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 15, 2014 02:33 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ken
Can you give me the details of the Harpenden meeting. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 15, 2014 02:46 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.pathefilm.freeserve.co.uk/95ninefive.htm

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 15, 2014 03:00 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be there as well. As you know me from the picture, say me all hello ;-)

--------------------
Dominique

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 15, 2014 04:41 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the link Maurice. Will you be there?

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 16, 2014 02:27 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I won't be going.
I will keep all my spare cash for next year's Ealing!

--------------------
Maurice

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2014 12:25 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ken
I was there and looked for you and asked around, but to no avail. Sorry I missed you but great to see some familiar faces and others that I previously only new by name. Nice to meet you Dominique too. You obviously have a good relationship with Tony Raepert (who has a wicked sense of humour sometimes). Also nice to meet Lee Mannering at last. So many nice genuine dealers and enthusiasts and Harpenden is a great venue. Really glad I went.
I only found out about the death of John Ferrari while at the meeting. So sad to hear about his departure last month. I'm sure he will be greatly missed by all for his involvement with the Group 9.5. Just another reason why everyone on this Forum must keep up the good work and encourage others to become interested in this hobby.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 20, 2014 04:19 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to see you Terry. The 9-5 Get-together has always been probably the most pleasant film event in the UK for many a year in my opinion anyway. It always really friendly and so many have a story to tell what with 9-5 being the first amateur film making gauge and all. Really nice time again and all credit to the organisers and in particular Mr Cutmore who puts in a huge effort. [Cool]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 20, 2014 07:10 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope to see you at a next edition Terry and Lee (and the others of course).

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 22, 2014 05:49 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Presentation of the dvd of Brian Pearce's film Towards Twenty Twenty Two
 -
The 9,5 projector :
 -
The 17,5 projector:
 -

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC