8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm for sale/trade/wanted   » Bell & Howell 621 - 110 volts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bell & Howell 621 - 110 volts
William J. Chrisp
Junior

- posted April 14, 2019 10:10 AM      Profile for William J. Chrisp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I have just acquired this machine as it was about to be thrown on the tip, ouch. I have always wanted this model and have spent the past few days lovingly restoring it. Today I powered it up and apart from losing the lower loop? it appeared to be running fine with a good well lit steady picture, albeit the machine seems to be running too fast and the sound silent switch makes no difference to the film speed. Anyway now to the amplifier, this was not working and I found out that the fuse was broken in it's socket, that sorted I found that the exciter lamp was but a very dim glow. Removing the amplifier I was surprised to see that the only connection from the projector to the amp was the power supply to the exciter lamp, so being very confused I wonder how the signal from the photo cell gets to the amplifier???

Please help someone. Bill

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC