8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Canon 814 autozoom

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Canon 814 autozoom
Richard Clark
Junior

- posted August 19, 2003 12:47 PM      Profile for Richard Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi i have a canon 814 autozoom that has a dead light meter is it repairable as it seems a shame to just put the camera in the bin ? and i would really like to shoot 8mm.
Also why are these light meters in super8 cameras so unreliable it seems a shame is it due to poor storage ? or do they just pop off when they want to.Is there anything we can do to save these from going once we have a working one?

|  IP: Logged

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted August 19, 2003 01:25 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-
Just wanted to say you might get a better response if you try to post to this forum:
http://filmshooting.com/scripts/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

these guys and gals deal mainly with Making films as opposed to collecting them.
Good luck!

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 19, 2003 11:37 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
Does this camera use the mercury battery? They are still available in some countries (outlawed in the US). Thre is a company that makes a voltage regulator insert so another battery can be used but the life is shorter. Without the proper battery or if the wrong one has been used, the light meter circuity is probably ruined. I seen many cameras/light meters where an incorrect replacement has been used the the circuit has been fried.

John

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC