8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » HAVE BADGE, WILL CHASE; AD INFINITUM

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HAVE BADGE, WILL CHASE; AD INFINITUM
Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted August 23, 2003 06:21 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you ever seen the amount of this title that has graced EBAY? - Sears 8mm silent used to come with a free sample of this short, but everyday there are at least a dozen to be had - If I collected only this title, I'd have THE monopoly it would seem - I remember back in 1984, I was hard-pressed to locate this particular CASTLE FILM, now they're all over the place - Strange thing - Commom films are just that, but has anyone noticed the "rarely offered", or "preferred films that seldom see the light of day? - Comments please - Shorty

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 25, 2003 09:34 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty,
"Have Badge, Will Chase" was the second sound film I ever bought. I was (still am) a huge Abbott & Costello fan and as a kid I loved "A & C meet the Keystone Kops". I particularly thought Joseph Gershenson's score was terrific, so I was very happy that Castle edited the digest with most of the climatic chase scene and it's music intact. I probably screened that title more than any other. By the way, my first sound purchase was "Pardon My Sarong".
Aside from "Have Badge", the title I'm getting sick of seeing is the Buddy Hackett classic "Fireman, Save My Child". The Castles I'd love to see on eBay are the News Parades. The sound versions rarely pop up.
Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2003 10:40 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems so strange the none of the "Lowell Thomas Remembers" films ever turn up on any used lists or Ebay at all (at least I've never seen one). I know there were quite a few put out by Blackhawk films in the 70's. I remember thinking to myself back then, "Who would ever want to look at something like that". I was a teenager back then and bought stuff like "The Omen", "Incredible Melting Man", "Squirm", etc.

Isn't it funny that now, at the ripe old age of 40, I would love to have stuff like old news reels & classic old silents. Now my kid laffs at me for watching black & white! Funny how a person's taste can change over a few decades. Nick.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted August 26, 2003 06:03 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a "fan" of the A&C CASTLE FILMS, boxes and headline editions - Of all the CASTLE FILMS, those boxes are THE toughest to locate, and some of the elusive western and sci-fi - Phil Johnson has a couple of the SOUND CASTLE newsreels, but they are hard-to-track down - My collection is done except for two or three boxes that I do want - Been collecting films for some forty years; Blackhawk and CASTLE mostly - Shorty

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC