8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What CinemaScope Lens?.... with what Projector?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What CinemaScope Lens?.... with what Projector?
Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 26, 2003 10:57 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm becoming very interested in all the "scope" talk here on the Forum. I have a couple of "scope" films, but never got into the actual presentation with an anamorphic lens. I would really like to(I feel like i'm missing out on a lot!), so i'd like to know what kind of anamorphic/scope lens you folks use with what model projectors?, and what are your favorite choices? Also, what lens are readily available and where? As always, please share your knowledge and experience, as the info that was on the 'old' Forum is gone. THANKS!

--------------------
Joe Taffis

|  IP: Logged

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted August 27, 2003 07:04 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Elmo GS1200 Xenon 1.0 Zoom Lens + Kowa 16H/8Z 2X Anamorphic Lens

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 27, 2003 07:37 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use a Kowa 16D from my 16mm projector and I bought a holder on a stand and just put it in front of my elmo's .

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 27, 2003 09:28 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,
I have the same set up as Mr. Rik, and I also have a large Kowa Prominar Anamorphic that was used for 35mm projection. I picked it up on eBay for $26.00, built a cradle for it (following Chip's example!) to use with my Bauer T510. The Reel Image sells Scope Brackets in both 43mm & 52mm for $40.00, but those involve drilling a small hole in the front of the projector.
There's a ton of scope information at this site:
http://lavender.fortunecity.com/lavender/569/anamorphic.html
Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC