8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Bauer T-600 Sterosound Q's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bauer T-600 Sterosound Q's
Duncan Scott
Junior

- posted August 28, 2003 09:31 AM      Profile for Duncan Scott   Email Duncan Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just picked up a Bauer T-600. Can anyone supply me with a copy (scan /photocopy) of the manual in english - I have a german version if anyone needs a copy.

Also - Do any T-6oo users have any tips, niggles etc. Recomendations for getting & mounting a widescreen lens, spare belts etc. Thanks in advance and feel free to email as well as posting replies.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 02, 2003 05:21 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Duncan, I know you can still get new sound heads and the plastic side of the gate from Wittners in germany, worth thinking of gettting one or either I would say.
These are very nice quiet machines and some do have or you can easily from germany get a 1.1 xenovaron 11mm-30 to fit one for a fantastic picture the only niggle I have with them is the awkwardness of cleaning the gate, after the awkwardness of taking the side cover off with switch etc.
I had considered cutting one I had between the two side segments for easier access to check the gate and loop etc so the bit around the main switch stayed put when accessing the gate area.
The one thing to bear in mind with these machine is that the claw cams can wear after a lot of use so if it were me I would get a second machine to run or check lesser stuff through, don`t panic it takes a good few years but can be an issue. I did wonder if regularly greasing the cam with a good thick grease would help slow that down.
best Mark.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC