8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Large Image elmo lens. ??????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Large Image elmo lens. ??????
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 01, 2003 09:49 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At the moment I`m stuck with a 15-25mm lens for my elmo, and with my throw its only about a 4.5 foot wide picture,
I`ve been after a good lens to go in my elmo for a while ( anyone got one please !!) especially a xenovaron 11mm-30 but I wondered is there a lens that will give an even bigger picture than that, say a 10mm or 9mm or 8mm I wonder, anyone got a spare one or any suggestions, rather than knocking down the wall which I nearly did but then decided against it after looking at the ceiling and umming and ahing.
Thanks, Mark.

|  IP: Logged

Barry Johnson
Master Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2003 06:33 AM      Profile for Barry Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,
Dont knock the wall down! Just knock a projection port through because the cost of the type of lens you are looking for is if they are available) very high.
When I say if available I say it not in a light vein,I have been looking for an f1.1 or similar for my ST1200 for ages with no success. [Confused]

--------------------
Standard8 rules!!

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 02, 2003 07:07 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Barry, that is with a projection hole, very small room, only about 12 feet long and I can only realistically go so far back with the machine in the dinning room from the hole.
I do have a nice 12-30mm xenovaron with a 28mm barrel which is pretty good if I hold it in place but no way of sleeving it or that would do pretty well for now.
best Mark.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC