8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Armchair Odeons

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Armchair Odeons
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted September 24, 2003 02:53 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I spent last evening watching a couple of Keith Wilton's Armchair Odeon video's. I had'nt watched them for a couple of years, and was struck, once again, on what an expert job Keith does in producing these video series. They are very professional and look like something you would see on H>V or PBS. To any USA collectors out there who have never seen these, and want to get a real(and envious) flavor of the British film collecting scene, I would urge getting some of these videos from Keith at Filmtek, or via Gary at Derann. They are very reasonably priced and there is a wealth of technical information contained within these very entertaining and often amusing videos. Just be sure that you specify the NTSC version. You are in for a treat.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2003 04:59 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes these videos are very good. Whether the set-ups are big or small you can see the love of our hobby in the proud eyes of people involved. Although a little out of date now, 'HOLLYWOOD UK',another Filmtek video,gives a good insight into the efforts of UK film dealers and convention organisers..It's a pity that some collectors don't fully appreciate how much work is being done to keep the British collecting scene alive. We are lucky to have the various film conventions scattered throughout the country, I for one have found little gems hiding on dealers tables, so let us support them while we still have them.
Mal

[ September 25, 2003, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: Mal Brake ]

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2003 02:07 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well said chaps!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC