8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CHC

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CHC
Tim Christian
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2003 04:15 PM      Profile for Tim Christian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CHC's website just had a makeover. Does it work for you? It doesn't for me.

--------------------
Tim

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 01, 2003 11:22 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was pretty good, a big improvemant and more up to date.
Nice to have something interesting and filmie to look through too.
best Mark.

Tim Christian
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2003 04:40 PM      Profile for Tim Christian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I said 'work'I meant that literally. I can't get any of the links to work.

--------------------
Tim

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2003 05:23 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the new site is much brighter and better than the old one. You can actually key onto a film title and get pictures and specifics on CHC releases. Although, I can't understand why a message on the site says "Last updadted 2002". It seems to be very current on new releases (except that they are still advertising the Fumeo). Nick.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2003 05:26 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, I had a problem getting to it too. Try using the link in Stuart Fyvie's reply to Mark Todd's post on page 2 of this forum under"CHC's new look". Worked for me.

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Tim Christian
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2003 02:10 AM      Profile for Tim Christian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joe, yes, that is the link I used. I get a brief flash of a page mainly comprising a large blue table. Then I get the Home page with three DVD covers, then a blue bar of links. None of these links seems to work. That is as far as I can get.

I'll try cleaning out my Temp Int File folder.

--------------------
Tim

Tim Christian
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2003 02:11 AM      Profile for Tim Christian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joe, yes, that is the link I used. I get a brief flash of a page mainly comprising a large blue table. Then I get the Home page with three DVD covers, then a blue bar of links. None of these links seems to work. That is as far as I can get.

I'll try cleaning out my Temp Int File folder.

--------------------
Tim

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2003 06:59 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try using the link on the bfcc website.
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Tim Christian
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2003 04:22 PM      Profile for Tim Christian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right. I've tried all the links I can find. The BFCC one is the one I had bookmarked. If I try access the site a bried flash of what appears to be a blue table. This is followed by

http://valueservices.org/classichomecinema/msie/index.shtml

which contains a line of what appear to be links. Only the left hand link works: it brings up a small blue panel half way across the right-hand margin. This just gives order and related info like currency converter.

Nothing else works. Any ideas?

--------------------
Tim

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2003 02:54 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim

I am using Microsoft Explorer v6 and the link you give above seems to work ok for me. Is your web browser up to date?

Sorry I can't be of more help

Tony

--------------------
Tony

Tim Christian
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2003 04:54 PM      Profile for Tim Christian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I'm using v. 5.0. It seems unlikely that the site only works in 6. Ah well, just have to do without it.

--------------------
Tim

Bob Pucci
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2003 05:32 PM      Profile for Bob Pucci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim I am using ver.5 and that link works for me.

Bob

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC