8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Chaplin/Laurel & Hardy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chaplin/Laurel & Hardy
Mary Tara
Junior

- posted October 10, 2003 02:09 PM      Profile for Mary Tara   Email Mary Tara   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have in my posession, over 12 Charlie Chaplin, almost 10 Laurel & Hardy, and a few other standard-8mm film strips. I was just curious to know how much they are worth. If anyone has any idea as to what they're worth or if they know how to point me in the right direction, it'd be greatly appreciated.
[Confused]
thanks
~Mary

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 10, 2003 04:03 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mary,
Sometimes you can get an idea of what films are worth by going on E-bay and finding similar items. (knowing the condition of your films is kind of important.)

I am not sure if they buy North American collections, but Derann in Great Britain is always looking for used films. You can contact them at duncan@derann.co.uk

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Mary Tara
Junior

- posted October 10, 2003 09:09 PM      Profile for Mary Tara   Email Mary Tara   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the first place i looked was on e-bay, they didn't really have anything much similar to what i have, which is then why i kept searching and came here. Thanks!!
~mare

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 11, 2003 07:46 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi again - If you want to sell them on EBAY's 8mm category, you can start with a minimum bid of $12 each, which is a standard - Or - If you'd rather place an ad, try Steve Osborne's (REEL IMAGE), which deals exclusively with Super/Std 8 - His email is THEREELIMAGE_@043@yahoo.com - Many collectors subscribe to his quarterly publication and many write columns (as does yours truly) - Any help, I'm Shorty at jvcaruso@bellatlantic.net

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC