8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Your help is wanted.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Your help is wanted.
Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2003 12:58 PM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I have questions about broken off releases in USA, GB and Germany:

The Valley of Gwangi
====================
In Germany existing prints of a threeparter version of "The Valley of Gwangi". Itīs supposed that only 4 trial prints exist and that the prints was made for the german distributor ufa in 1981/82.
It is also supposed, that the release was stopped with the closing of ufaīs 8mm-department.

MADE IN ENGLAND?

These prints are not typical german. As the prints were released on polyester film stock, stripped after processing and therefor look like prints from the buck lab, slough, england, I want to ask english collectors for information about. Was this title released on the english market?

Paramountīs "Conquest of Space" (1955)
======================================
It also rumors that trial prints of "Conquest of Space" (1955) exists, manufactured for Marketing Film Germany. As marketing-film exported much films in different length and sounds all over the world via there subsidiary company in new-york, I want to ask whether someone heard of it or know if this title exists as a full length feature or short version with english sound or any other version?

Same questions for:
Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown (1977) (marketing film 1982)
Love Story (1970) (marketing film 1982)

Does someone knows about broken off releases other companies (walton, ken, universal8, ....)?

I would also be pleased if anybody answers that he never heared about it.

[ October 29, 2003, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Andreas Eggeling ]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC