8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME - Charles Laughton

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME - Charles Laughton
Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Film Handler

- posted October 15, 2003 12:45 PM      Profile for Heinz-Juergen Schachner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I have just bought the super8mm full feature of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME with Charles Laughton. I can not find any laboratory name on the film leaders. As far as I know there has been published a condensed print on 4x400 ft.

Maybe someone knows who has published the full feature of this film?

Best Wishes

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Germany

|  IP: Logged

D'Arcy More
Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2003 09:37 AM      Profile for D'Arcy More   Email D'Arcy More   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heinz: I have a full length print of this. The 4 X 400 footer was the first print I had and I noticed it was an edited version. I then came across the full length version and picked it up. Full length version I believe is from Nostalgia Merchant during their brief but impressive time when they were releasing Super 8 sound prints. I have a mint print of Cat People in my collection that I am lead to believe was from them. During the first few years of VHS, Nostalgia Merchant released quite a few RKO classics as they had gorgeous prints to use from their archives. Hope this sheds some light on the subject. D'Arcy More. [Smile]

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2003 03:13 AM      Profile for Heinz-Juergen Schachner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi D'Arcy,

thank you very much for the detailed informations on THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME.

My print is in excellent condition but it misses some focus and has rather low sound. Is yours the same?

Best Wishes

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Germany

D'Arcy More
Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2003 07:29 AM      Profile for D'Arcy More   Email D'Arcy More   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heinz: I'd have to watch mine once more to double check on that. I do recall the sound not being the best. As for focus I will have to pay more attention on that one. I run my films on an Elmo GS 1200. I do love this film so much and it is hard to compare Laughton's Quasimodo to Lon Chaney's. [Confused]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC