8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » ELMO GS-1200 and NIKON camera - BEWARE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ELMO GS-1200 and NIKON camera - BEWARE
Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2003 01:57 AM      Profile for Heinz-Juergen Schachner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

in the last three days I keep getting offers from several ebay members that I can buy a ELMO GS-1200 and a NIKON camera together for 700 US$. Here is one of these emails:
Dear buyer i have for sell this elmo gs1200 mint projector plus nikon r10 cam with best price included shipping taxes. If you are interested
please contactme so we can further discuss the terms andconditions.
I am sorry if i disturbed you in any way.
Best Regards!!

These offers are of course fakes. The guy who "sells" these sets is only accepting Western Union for payment. He does not allow to pick up the set in person. So please BEWARE.

Best Wishes

Heinz-Juergen Schachner

PS: Here is another email I have received today:

Dear customer,
We saw you'r bid for the elmo gs1200 mint projector plus nikon r10 cam . and we would like to make you an offer.
We could offer you the same unit to buy now without the auction for 400 GBP
Our company offer you shippment inssured - INTERNATIONALY/INSIDE COUNTRY shipped.
Shipping will take usually - 24/48 hours Shipping is made using UNITED POSTAL/PARCEL SERVICE(UPS) SERVICE If you are interested please advice us how many units you want to buy and send us the shipping details so we could make you an offer.
We are looking forward to hear from you.

Kind regards

[ October 16, 2003, 02:58 AM: Message edited by: Heinz-Juergen Schachner ]

|  IP: Logged

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2003 08:40 AM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This sounds like a typical ebay scam.

I bid on a lot of (used) 16mm films someone had on ebay - and got an email from someone that said that they had one "mint in the box in their warehouse" and gave instructions for buying it. I thought it was pretty funny - but also scary if someone actually fell for this...

Colin Preston
Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2003 01:21 PM      Profile for Colin Preston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see that this has now actually appeared on eBay today, looks to be exact to the scammer
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3356354220&category=1476
What do you think?

Colin [Eek!]

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2003 03:10 AM      Profile for Heinz-Juergen Schachner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Colin,

yes, I did notice this too. The only difference I can see is that the seller on Ebay is located in Spain. The person who sends the email offers clains that he lives in the UK (London). Maybe he has a fake account on Ebay.

Best Wishes

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Germany

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2003 02:44 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

This guy just listed the same combination and it sold for £800
Check out 3354014600

This guy was also selling the same combination several months ago and after a lot of email exchanges agreed to set up a paypal account for me if I paid £1200. I just had a gut feel that said too good to be true.

Interesting

Tony

p.s. check out the winning bidder- 0 rating and set up this yr in Spain. Perhaps he closed out his own auction?

--------------------
Tony

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC