8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo GS1200 Motor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo GS1200 Motor
Colin Preston
Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2003 05:34 PM      Profile for Colin Preston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi
Does anyone know where I could get my hands on a Rewind/take up motor for my Elmo GS1200, Or is there anyone out there who has a spare?
Thanks
Colin [Frown]

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 23, 2003 06:36 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Colin sorry to hear you`ve had bad lusk with the machine, but worth the effort I`m sure.
Could you maybe get it reconditioned locally or have you probably thought of this.
Just a thought but I have heard Buckingham film services can get somethings sorted others can`t.
Another good place to try is wittners or kinotecknic in germany, especially wittners, they seem to have good conections.
Good luck, have you spoken to kev, he`s the man in our little circle.

Colin Preston
Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2003 09:18 AM      Profile for Colin Preston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark. Yes Kev is with me every step of the way on this one, (probably dreads every phone call). He a been a great help. I have now managed to sort a motor through John White in Middlesex. It is not an original, but a new one that fits fine. It is just a little longer than the original but still fits into the case. The other good thing is that brushes are replacable with this one.
I will have to give Kevin a ring tonight to let him know that I have sorted one of my other problems out, so he can stop looking.
Thanks again [Big Grin]

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 26, 2003 06:44 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Very interested as you know Colin, how this works out. If this motor is ok then we now have a replecement take up motor for the GS again guys. [Smile]

Kev.
PS. Phone whenever you like.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2003 03:29 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any chance of knowing exactly where this motor comes from, model number etc..

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Colin Preston
Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2003 05:55 PM      Profile for Colin Preston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John
Aall I know at the moment is that it comes from France. As soon as I get the motor, I will have a good look. John did tell me the company name but I have completely forgot what he said. I will ask him next time I speka to him
Cheers [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC