8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Slow running Elmo ST-600

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Slow running Elmo ST-600
Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2003 08:45 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also had a good time in Ealing last Saturday. Even though I didn't find a film that absolutely needed to be added to my collection. No big purchases this time.
I bought a few cartoons though, and my daughter was pretty pleased with those. Especially the Winnie the Pooh and Tigger too extract was well received (which made me wonder, is this title (or any other Disney Pooh Bear title) ever released complete?)

Of course she wants to see the cartoons every evening (refering to the projector as 'the big thing'). A couple of nights ago though, my trustworthy Elmo ST-600 suddenly started running too slowly. I checked the belts and they seem to be ok (not dirty or too sloppy). The projector doesn't seem to be dragging, but running on a slower speed (every time the same speed, or so it seems).

Needless to see that this is an emergency situation. Anyone any suggestions on what could cause this? (In the mean time I finally have a good excuse to clean up the ST-1200 that I purchased last year, but was sitting in the basement until more pressing matters were dealt with)

- Rob

|  IP: Logged

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2003 09:56 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Rob,

You could be having trouble with your speedboard, this is an electronic unit that governs the speed of the motor, I would suggest you contact someone like John White who still repairs projectors (email me and I'll give you his phone number), as he has repaired a couple of projectors for me with similar problems.

All The Best,

Barry Attwood.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 05, 2003 12:27 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Rob,
Try moving the speed control switch a few times as these self cleaning switches get dirty (tarnished) without use.
The ST600 speed control circuitry is all designed round 18fps and when you change the speed to 24fps another adjustable potentiometer is placed accross the 18fps one. Therefore if its running at 18fps it has to be the switch or an associated connector.
Hope that helps. Kevin.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Paul Suchy
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2003 05:24 PM      Profile for Paul Suchy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Suchy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Derann has Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day-it was in their Disney list last time I looked.

--------------------
Paul Suchy

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC