8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » specialn the kennedy assassination

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: specialn the kennedy assassination
Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2003 10:08 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight on the discovery channel there is a special on the kennedy assassination the show is called "unsolved history" they will be showing more recently discovered 8mm home movies that were taken that day from different angles besides the Zapruder film.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 20, 2003 06:20 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I caught this hour-long program, but my head was spinning due to the way today that computer-generated television is created; it's all so fast, why can't it be like it was in 1966, show the films, don't continually inter-cut and grahpic overlay - I taped what I could from the show, but was still disappointed - Shorty

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2003 04:08 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the rephotographed Zapruder film over and over.Frame by frame.I had been a long time believer in in a "conspiracy to hide the truth".HOWEVER,after scrutinising the enhanced Z film-advancing it frame by frame,I am now convinced Lee Harvey Oswald was the sole rifleman.Glad that is clear in my mind after 40 years!Trev

--------------------
Trevor

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 26, 2003 06:30 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a book called "Case Closed" by Gerald Posner which I read that brought me to the same conclusion. A very interesting thing he points out is that when somebody hears a shot, they naturally flinch. If they happen to be shooting movie film hand held at the time, there will be a pulse in the image. He used this to establish the timing and number of the shots.

Say!, I know the FBI still has Abraham Zapruder's camera, does anybody out there have his projector and editor? (With this bunch you never know!)

I wonder, what else was on that roll of film? Was the most important moment ever caught on film immediately following a kid's birthday party or a fishing trip? Did he think about finishing the roll?

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Tim Christian
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2003 10:29 AM      Profile for Tim Christian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still missing two items:

1. Oswald was in custody two days. Where is a transcipt of the interviews?

2. Ruby didn't arrive when Oswald was supposed to leave, but 5 mins before he actually left (an hour late). Was he tipped off?

Carry on conspiring! (Good name for a film?)

--------------------
Tim

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 26, 2003 11:44 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see that - After the car went along (after the first shot), the trajectory angle from the school building and the "grassy knoll", made it impossible for Oswald to have shot Kennedy in the temple as it jerked his headup and to the left - The fatal shot came from the knoll area under the street or through the hedgegrove - Shorty

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 26, 2003 12:57 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anybody have a Super-8 print of JFK? Maybe Oliver Stone and Kevin Costner can help us sort it out.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC