8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Our Dear Members....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Our Dear Members....
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted November 24, 2003 11:56 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been observing our posts these last few weeks and I noticed something really great here...there is no flaming!
As you know by reading other Super 8 sites there always seems to be some argument going on. Its really nice to see that this is not the case here. It give me a warm and fuzzy feeling...!
Just a little pat on the back for us! [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted November 25, 2003 01:26 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Feel the love. [Eek!] [Razz] [Roll Eyes] [Smile]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 25, 2003 07:06 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How dare you accuse us of being civil. Step outside!
Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 25, 2003 08:06 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Brad deserves a lot of credit for running a very civil web site, in my opinion the best on the web. If anyone gets out of line Brad sends them to the cutting room floor!

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 25, 2003 09:48 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I kind of wonder if the fact that we are not allowed to use pseudonyms contributes to the civility. It's probably a lot harder to act like a jerk when what you say contributes to your personal reputation.

(Good one, Doug! I was thinking of ways to say that!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2003 04:32 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spare the rod, spoil the child, right Brad? It works every time! [Wink]

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted November 26, 2003 12:41 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And now let's pause for a moment of reflection...mmmmmmmmmmm.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted November 26, 2003 06:21 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes the real names definitely helps, but this seems to be an exceptionally great group of members here. What helps even more is if people would send in their pictures for placement by their names. My main site www.film-tech.com has a substantial amount of it's members with photos. It is amazing the difference it makes in getting to know other strangers via the forum.

If you've got an electronic picture of you, just email it in to me and list your full name and "8mm forum" in the text of the email and I will add it.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 26, 2003 11:50 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK - What's an electronic picture? - I have an 8X10 B/W Headshot I mail out for work, but nothing smaller - Would that work? - Or perhaps a little doodle-sketch of myself? - I'm also gald we are having a fun time and easy confering on this forum - The other one was a shambles; actually, it's still out there somewhere - I look in on it from time to time, but it's never changed the language - Shorty

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted November 27, 2003 12:37 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
A photo in electronic form, like the one underneath my name. Not one that you can hold in your hand, but one that could be stored on a disk.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC