8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo Gs1200 on Ebay (UK)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo Gs1200 on Ebay (UK)
David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2003 12:27 AM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Elmo GS 1200 Mag Opt Stereo Super 8 Projector Item number: 3367116

The above as just appeared on our Ebay in the UK, the price as really caught my eye. It is not an auction but a Buy Now price of £725.

Wow £725.

We see a lot of good said about these projectors in the posts here but I had not realised they were this kind of price.

--------------------
Regards,
David

|  IP: Logged

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2003 02:21 AM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've looked for it can't find it? [Confused]

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2003 02:51 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,

It was sold to smokeypt of the US, not surprising given it had the 1.0 lens and also was the later model. Dealers advertise these at anywhere between £1000 and £1200 with a 1.1 lens .

Tony

--------------------
Tony

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2003 10:12 AM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, see Tonys post it as been sold and no longer on system.

Tony I'm amazed even more at the dealer prices.

It must have sold within hours of first appearing on Ebay.

--------------------
Regards,
David

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted November 29, 2003 10:42 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here in the US, the GS1200's usually sell for around $1000-1200 US Dollars with the 1.1 lens. I sold my first GS1200 with the 1.1 for $1200.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC