8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Christmas film shows

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Christmas film shows
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 03, 2003 05:03 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many of us will be putting on a film show over the Xmas holidays for family and friends. It would be interesting to hear from fellow collectors about their xmas film program. My show is going to be on Saturday Dec 20 and the program will be as follows:
1. British Pathe News (10 mins)
2. A walt Disney Christmas ( 20 mins)
3. Brave Little Soldier (Ub Iwerks cartoon, 8 mins)

4. Feature- " That's Entertainment 3" - 120 mins,stereo

What does your program look like?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 03, 2003 06:42 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to show Derann's "Peace on Earth" followed by my own film about the two trips to Russia we did this year when we adopted our son, but unless kodak really speeds up their turnaround times on the roll of titles they are processing right now, my premier won't be until January! [Frown]

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2003 02:42 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Every Christmas Eve we have a showing of Die Hard 2. Never get sick of it either. Anyone know if the DVD matches the Super 8 print as the laser disc didn't - it was cut to shreds.

We also have to find time for The Snowman, Mickey's Christmas Carol and a host of others.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2003 06:31 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Derran's / Disney's "The Small One" (full 600 foot) is a regular around the house during the Christmas season, as well as "Peace On Earth" (in cinemascope). The "Gremlins" 1200 footer is also good, because the movie revolves around the Christmas season.

I've recently tried to be more creative with the Christmas home movies. I usually shoot about two rolls during the season. Then during the year, I'll shoot some titles, do some editing, get soundstriped, add sound (some dialog recorded during filming, music, etc. Then, I'll show the finished result during the following Christmas season. Nick.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted December 04, 2003 09:54 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fleischer's "Christmas Comes But Once A Year", Laurel & Hardy newsreels; those of Germany and England - Christmas Seal promo with Charles Laughton/Abbott & Costello - Several shorts with Edgar Kennedy, Leon Errol, Abbott & Costello, Laurel & Hardy interspred throughout, then "Scrooge" with Sir Seymour Hicks - Shorty

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted December 04, 2003 04:38 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't had a show yet. [Frown]
But If I do have one It will start with the Nightmare Before Xmas trailer followed by the Snowman 600 footer by Derann. Great Film!
Then probably Grease the Feature. Yes, I know. I need more holiday films!

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2003 06:54 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doing a bit of a show this weekend as it happens. Friends of ours are having a pre-christmas craft fair/open day at their house and have asked me to do a film show for the little ones, so far it seems that it's mostly the Dads that have shown most interest [us boys like to tinker]! [Wink]

I was going to splice a load of shorts together to make up an 800ft reel but have decided that as there will be people coming and going all day, to keep the reels small and take the rewind arms and a spare take up spool. That way, if neccessary I can keep the show going on an almost continual basis and respond to requests.

So far there has been a number of requests for Disney from the kiddies, Gone Nutty from everyone and the Animatrix and Star Wars from the Dads. Should be interesting trying to blend that lot [Smile]

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2003 10:56 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be digging out some of both super 8 and 16mm treats shown in no particular order in super 8 "The Night Before Christmas" with Tom and Jerry, then a Walt Disney Christmas with 3 shorts then on to 16mm with the castle film version of “The Night Before Christmas” and a Christmas episode of Bewitched called “Santa comes to visit and stays”. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2003 12:48 PM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need more film. [Frown]

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2003 02:15 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was amazed, last christmas was my first with super 8 and we put on a show by accident. This year the 16 year olds asked were we going to show the Snowman and Mickeys Xmas Carol and Beauty and the Beast again??

Well what can I do but oblige? I would love to do a film such as A wonderfull life or Great expectations one day...

Chris....need more films......credit cards are the answer!

Ho Ho Ho

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Tony

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 05, 2003 11:11 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought my wife a copy of "Peace on Earth" as one of her Christmas presents. I screened it tonight to make sure it's OK before I give it to her. What a great little film and what a good print of it!

Thanks, Derann!

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 06, 2003 07:18 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,
How enterprising, buying your wife a super 8 film for Xmas! Now why did'nt I think of that! Maybe their's still time to get her a print of Spiderman or Terminator !

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 06, 2003 08:04 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well,
She reads the Derann newsletter and she saw that they have the "Merry Christmas" intro, and asked me to buy it. It's all of a minute long, so I thought I'd get her a Christmas cartoon and splice them together.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC