8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » VAT on eBay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VAT on eBay
Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2003 09:03 PM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have recently started to sell a few items on eBay, mainly to enable me to finance my super 8 collection. I have also bought a few items mainly super 8, all going quite nice, I thought. Just been hit with a whooping VAT bill from eBay who inform me that it has been brought on by our lovely European cousins, another E.U. directive that we got to follow.
Of course if it was a directive that favoured us I’m sure Mr Blair would veto it. Just seems to be that where ever I go what ever I do the tax man is just waiting round the corner to stick his hand in my wallet. I read somewhere can't remember who's thread it was that they thought sales of super 8 film are on the decrease on eBay, this is maybe why? if your not a registered business user then you'll get hit. Oh well thought it was going to well, back to the drawing board.

Just had a thought, most of the stuff i have sold was mine that i bought, so now i have paid 35% VAT. GREAT!

[ December 03, 2003, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Chris Quinn ]

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC