8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » I smell a GS1200 Ebay scam, stay away. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: I smell a GS1200 Ebay scam, stay away.
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted January 07, 2004 11:59 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I emailed him earlier this week. He told me that it was a mistake and the machine is only magnetic. I guess he felt it wasn't important to change the ad however!

|  IP: Logged

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2004 02:18 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kev,

Do you have any plasters? Just cut my finger opening the wretched tin........

Tony [Roll Eyes]

Hi Joe,

Pint of Black and Tan....haven't come across that one in years...what do you mix together in the USA to get that one?

--------------------
Tony

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 09, 2004 02:35 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin,
Well?
Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted January 10, 2004 03:53 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Guy's, Kevin has not posted on the Forum in a couple of days. I figure one of three things have happened:

1) The GS1200 arrived as advertized, all the way from Argentina, and he is checking it out.

2) He received a GS1200 and it is a piece of junk, and he collapsed and is in hospital.

3) Nothing arrived, and he is down at Heathrow airport checking the incoming air freight.

How does this Alan Gouger saga end? I can't wait for the conclusion of this cliff-hanger!

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2004 12:25 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,

I have the answer having spoken to Kevin over the weekend......

But should I reveal all? To do so might steal his thunder or yours....

Best to let Kev give you the update I think......

Tony [Wink]

--------------------
Tony

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 11, 2004 06:30 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Well Guys I wont keep you in suspense any longer.
The package was to be deliverd by midday on Friday and indeed the box was delivered at 10.45am.
I got home in the evening but had to wait till my kids were settled before plucking up the courage to open said package.
The box did not rattle but never the less I opened it with caution. So what did I find? well a very well packaged GS1200 which had suffered a slight knock to its handle causing a slight dent to the top of the machine. This has now been sorted and no one would ever know. Yes the machine is in very nice condition and once the voltage was moved to 240V I plugged in fired up and then ran an old test film. Yes it worked first time and quieter than my other machine.
I do need to sort wear out on the guides but then most GS's need that doing to them these days. Its now stripped down ready to have a 2 blade shutter fitted and also to give it a service and lube.
There was only one major letdown and that was concerning the lens. It was advertised as being the f1.0 but is in fact the 1.1. A bit of a shame but I can live with that especially as my other machine has the Xenovaron 1.1. I have sent the seller an email regarding this and will let you guys know if he responds.
So there you have it, No scam and he paid the Shipping from Argentina to the UK and it was delivered in 4 days. Ver 3, slightly newer than my existing machine. BTW its very clean inside too. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Worth £900.00? Yes definitely. Here endenth the saga of this particular GS1200 Ebay auction. (scam!) [Wink]
Hopefully see Tony M eat some Corned Beef soon. [Razz]

Kev [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2004 08:16 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin

This is one time I am so glad I was wrong. Congratulations on your win:)
Im glad I did not make any crazy bets:)

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted January 11, 2004 11:12 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Kevin! So glad Alan was wrong this time. Enjoy your new GS1200, I'm sure with your expertise you will have it purring along in no time.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2004 01:30 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hang on a minute....

What bet was this???? If you look at my posting you will see I was only pointing out the obvious double benefit of the champers and beef scenario.

The way I see it we can BOTH enjoy the celebratory cow and grape

Congrats Kev

Rgds

Thomas (he of the doubting kind)

--------------------
Tony

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 12, 2004 05:30 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Cow & Grape! Hee Hee. We will see next weekend when we all turn up at your house for the celebrations, sorry I mean cine day. [Wink]
Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC