8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Running Lines

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Running Lines
Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 21, 2003 06:18 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ December 24, 2003, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: Tony Milman ]

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 21, 2003 09:53 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tony,
I will put the question to Phil at CHS tomorrow as I agree with you on this one. It used to smell of White Spirit but this batch smells different and a little more unpleasent. [Frown] Kev.

[ December 21, 2003, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Kevin Faulkner ]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Tim Christian
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 22, 2003 06:37 AM      Profile for Tim Christian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I came across this in the Kodak Photo-amateur Pocketbook for 1965:
======================
ANTI-SCRATCH SOLUTION

Water 20 ounces 500 c.cm.
ChloralHyrdrate 2 ounces 50 grams
Gelatin 1/2 ounce 12-5 grams

Dissolve the chloral hydrate first. Allow the gelatin to swell in the cold, then warm the solution on a water bath and stir until all the gelatin is dissolved.
Do not warm beyond 140 F. (60 C.).

This solution is applied to the film at room temperature, and allowed to dry. It coats the surface with a thin layer of gelatin, which in effect fills in the scratches and makes them invisible.

===========
It is a treatment for negatives, but would be suitable for movie film. The only problem is that it would take forever to dry.

Getting the chloral hydrate might be difficult in these safety-conscious times.

--------------------
Tim

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC