8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » How did the Christmas Shows Go?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How did the Christmas Shows Go?
Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 27, 2003 12:54 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My show went pretty well. The Kodachrome titles for my own film showed up a week and a half before Christmas so I had plenty of time to edit a nice film together. I lead off with Derann's "Merry Christmas" clip spliced to the head of a brand new "Peace on Earth" and our guests loved it. We then showed my film about our travels to Russia to adopt our little boy this year.

Only two disturbing events:

1) The conversation during the film between my wife and her slightly dopey mother about how my film could have come from any other source than our Sony DV camcorder. The funny part is this script gets played out every year.

2) As the house lights came up I looked over at my Dad and he was sound asleep. I'm not sure how much of the show he actually saw! (Next year we serve drinks AFTER the film!)

By the way, I got two projectors for Christmas: an Elmo ST-800 from my wife and an ancient Bell and Howell R-8 from my sister (mostly for display purposes).

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2003 01:52 PM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Steve,
Well, you’re the lucky one, two projectors for Xmas and the chance to run a film show, if I mentioned to my family about a Xmas film show they would all give me a funny look, it would only be a dream for me to send them asleep with a film show. I’m afraid my film collecting is something that my family put up with and supplying me with over, or under size cardigans, is all I can hope for.
You lucky beggar.

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC