8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 1.0 lens for Elmo GS1200 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 1.0 lens for Elmo GS1200
Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2004 09:01 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry

I suspect that Brad will close the thread and banish us all forever.............

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2004 10:24 AM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 1.0 lens on ebay is now up to $510...wow. Someone wants this really really really really really really bad.

Why cant I have that kind of luck when selling something on ebay.
ebay

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 08, 2004 05:30 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I can go one better than that. When I worked for Ilford Films in Colour R&D we used to open up 1000ft tins of 35 & 70mm colour film for sampling. You just cant imagine the waft that came out of those sealed tins. The best thing of all was being in the coating rooms when the emulsions were going down on film base. I allways though it must be like being in heaven. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] Anyway as you say Barry we have got a bit off topic now. Have you seen what this lens is up to now? Just under £300.00! I think that is real madness and the bidding still isnt over. Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Barry Johnson
Master Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2004 05:46 AM      Profile for Barry Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As for the price of that lens,desperation must rule,or said bidder has a pretty crap screen image too.Chances are the differences will not be worth the outlay.
Keep sniffin!!

--------------------
Standard8 rules!!

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2004 11:25 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bidding closed! A word only: foolish!!!
610$??????? Oh my God!

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 09, 2004 02:42 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The fellow who won(?) this auction has bought and sold a number of gs-1200's on eBay. Think he'd know better........
Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2004 06:06 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had no idea who this was until I checked. I just bought my GS1200 P Xenon from him. We had good business comunications.
I bet he bought this to spice up the price of another future GS sale.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 11, 2004 06:15 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Spice up the price or not, the guy must be mad to pay that for an f1.0 lens and without being able to see it. It could have the dreaded Elmo bloom and then he would have a fight on his hands. [Frown] Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC