8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Introducing myself

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Introducing myself
Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2004 06:17 AM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hallo to everybody!
I'm Fabrizio Mosca from Milan and I'm a little collector of s8 and 16mm. I started collecting when I was 5yo and now at 29 I decided to improve my collection moving to english and american prints. I use a ST-1200D and a B&H filmosound DCM for my s8 movies, a Fumeo for 16mm, and an Eumig 710d for 8mm sound.

A late Happy New Year to all!

Fabrizio

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 04, 2004 06:34 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello there and welcome aboard, i'm a very new comer to this forum and it truely is an excellent site for us film collectors with some very good technical advise from many.
Happy new year.

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2004 06:40 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Fabrizio,
happy to meet you here! Your english sounds better than mine!
I think you'll like this forum. Here the topics are interesting, and the knowledge of the members is at the "top"!

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 04, 2004 06:51 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Fabrizio, as Tom and Ugo said earlier you will find plenty going on in this forum and there are plenty of knowledgeable people here to help with any problems or general questions you have.
Once again Welcome and Enjoy. [Smile] Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2004 07:56 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to this happy breed Fabrizio
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2004 07:56 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Fabrizio,

Welcome. As has been said before, this is a great forum with many years worth of knowledge. I can always be relied upon to ask the dumb questions!

Tony [Big Grin]

--------------------
Tony

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2004 08:49 AM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Fabrizio,
A great site to be a member learned loads, but still learning from the friendliest bunch there is on any forum.
Chris.

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 04, 2004 09:43 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Fabrizio,
It's wonderful that this forum now has 120+ members. A growing consumer base makes me feel very optimistic about the continuing survival of our favorite format. Also nice to have more people to visit when traveling internationally!
Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2004 12:03 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug,

I am only posting because I need to get to 200 to see what happens then....

Do you come to the UK at all on your travels? Be great to meet up sometime, Kev works in London and Mike and I can get there easily. Ian of Perry's is allowed out now and again on compassionate grounds.....

Tony

--------------------
Tony

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2004 12:35 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug

Why not plan a trip now to coincide with the next BFCC. perhaps we could all meet up in Ealing for a Pizza and a couple of pints of old scrumpy before [or after] the event [Wink]

Mike [Cool]

ps. Tony, I'm still trying to hit the 100 barrier and aspire to the Expert status, what do you think might happen at 200? Reverend, Worshipful or almighty [Smile] ?

ok, off to find another post to reply to now.....

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted January 04, 2004 01:49 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Fabrizio, welcome to the best film site on the net. Of all the forums I've tried (16mm & 8mm) this is the friendliest. People here are definately purist when it comes to this hobby of 8mm.

Dan [Smile]

[ January 04, 2004, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Dan Lail ]

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2004 04:12 PM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi again!
Nice to see all that friendship in this forum [Smile] To tell you the truth, it's almost 6 months I read all your posts but only now I decided to join.

I hope to go to the next convention and meet many of you. Unfortunately my job doesn't allow me to go abroad often.

There's a lot to learn here!

Bye [Smile]
Fabrizio

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 04, 2004 04:14 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dan,
I think you were right the first time before you went back and added the "r" in friendliest! [Big Grin]
Tony & Mike,
Thanks for the invitation. I use to travel quite often for work but since 9/11 that's been cut back. The camera and lighting equipment I have to take can add up to over 12 cases and I'd rather not deal with all the security issues. A vacation or short trip however, would be great! Is there one particular convention which is "the one" to go to? I'm sure with enough notice some of the other Yanks (and Italians!) would come too.
Plus then I could ask Tony all those meaning of life questions I've been storing up.
Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted January 04, 2004 05:39 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug,..."r" matey.

Dan [Roll Eyes]

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2004 05:51 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug, the easiest to get to and probably most varied convention is the BFCC in London. Blackpool is also big but a little less accessable.
For the first time in many years I will not be at the next BFCC. My daughter has decided to get married on the same day (May 15th). I tossed a coin and the wedding won. I tried for best out of three but my little girl took exception. I even promised to go to her next wedding instead. It was then I discovered there is a 2 hour waiting time at our local A&E unit.
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2004 07:43 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings from the bottom of the world Fabrizio!

--------------------
Trevor

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2004 03:30 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The details of the 15th May 2004 BFCC are on www.bfcc.biz under 'Next Event'.

There's also a host of other updates about to go up but I haven't done them all yet. However, the full review of Spider-Man is already there.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 05, 2004 04:37 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Buon Giorno! - Anyone on this forum is a friend of mine - Joe Caruso a/k/a "Shorty"

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 05, 2004 06:37 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Seeing as our illustrious leader has cut the other new thread short let me also welcome Maurizio to the forum.
As I said earlier I'm sure you will enjoy yourself here and quickly join in the banter amongst us.
I see Ugo is doing a great recruitment job in Italy, the home of some very fine move gear such as Fumeo. [Smile]
As a matter of interest do you have many English speaking people on your Italian forum?
Anyway a big welcome, Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2004 06:28 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Kevin and thank you for your welcome. To be honest I don't konw an exact answer to your question (how many people on Italian fora speak English); probably some of them read English, but they prefer not to write posts, dunno why.
Later,

Maurizio

--------------------
Maurizio

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2004 02:48 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Maurizio-
I warn you, this forum can be addictive!

Nick.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 06, 2004 06:24 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I agree with James on that one. Look how many I'm up to now and you dont really notice. [Wink] Kev.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC