8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » How old is that Elmo.How do you Know?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How old is that Elmo.How do you Know?
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 10, 2004 01:55 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I often see on the dealer lists Elmo STs and GS's with a comment that this one is one of the lastest ones made, i'm not sure if this is a daft quetion but how do they know that? I'm sure on the STs the early models had all metal shutters,(no rubber on the outer edge) what about the GS's?

|  IP: Logged

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2004 02:05 PM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The later GS model made by elmo has the lines on the controls instead of dots and the rearward facing loop switch.
Anyway on the main motor there is a date. This is, probably, the date of the motor only, but it's a good clue for a vague age of the projector. In my hands I had GS of 1978 and GS of 1984. This last one is very rare; I saw only one so young.
Others information from MR. Elmo Uk (Kevin)! He knows the characters of the 3 versions of the GS!

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC