8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Golden ebay Opportunity

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Golden ebay Opportunity
Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2004 03:23 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey People,

Look I got a great bargain offer from a guy on ebay. Well if Kev can do it so can I so I sent cash instead of the money order.

Can't wait for my perfect GS1200.....

"Dear customer,
We saw you're bid for the Elmo GS1200 Super 8 Projector NR (Item # 2977659078) and we would like to make you an offer. We could offer you the same unit to buy now without the auction for 450 Usd.
We will use UPS for shipping and Money Order service for payment.
Our company offer you shippment inssured - INTERNATIONALY/INSIDE COUNTRY shipped. Shipping will take usually - 24/48 hours Shipping is made using UNITED POSTAL/PARCEL SERVICE(UPS) SERVICE. Shipping is absolutely FREE! Yes, that's right. SHIPPING IS FREE! Not only is shipping FREE but you will also receive 100% protection from loss or damage with our "On the House" FULL INSURANCE coverage. Your shipment will be professionally secured with heavy-duty packaging designed to protect the contents of your shipment cross country. Buy from us and your transaction will be 100% HEADACHE FREE! And if any problems do arise, we'll take care of all the paperwork and ship you replacement parts within a few days. No other Company can offer you that kind of SECURITY and PEACE OF MIND. Did your entire package get lost? We'll replace your entire machine for you for FREE! . Our customer service professionals are ready to help you every step of the way . We strive for QUALITY NOT QUANTITY. Here you will receive the individualized care you deserve.
If you are interested please advice us how many units you want to buy and send us the shipping details so we could make you an offer to my email address: gjames1957@yahoo.com.
We are looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you in advance for your time,
Kind Regards,
"
==================================================="

WOW [Cool] [Eek!]

Update- A few minutes later

Here is another one offering me a GS1200 Laptop- Bet you don't have one of these Kev

"I saw your bids for the laptop .Elmo GS1200 Super 8 Projector NR and I saw that you are interested to buy that product ,
I have the same laptops Elmo GS1200 Super 8 Projector NR and I will make you an offert The price is.450$
The sipping is free.
best regards "

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 12, 2004 04:25 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony,
Is that the version 2 GS-1200 Laptop or the version 3? You can tell by the direction the "caps lock" key is facing.
Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted January 12, 2004 05:06 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do they have a Xenon version of that laptop with a brighter screen? Sometimes I cant see my regular Gs when the sun hits it.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 12, 2004 05:08 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I do like the sense of humour we have on this forum, its great. [Razz]
That offer Tony has been made before to other people and one I wouldnt go near with your money let alone mine. Dont know what they think they are up to but I would definitely say its an "off ebay scam" which you wont have any comeback on whatsoever. [Frown]
Anyway I thought the one with the Caps lock key on it's side and with the extra F13 & 14 keys were the last Ver 4 which Elmo decided to drop shortly after it launch as customers found it a bit too complicated to use. [Wink] Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2004 10:30 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys I got the same email sent to me:
If you read it they state they have plenty of parts fo repair if the machine is damaged in shipping. They also say they will replace the unit with another if it gets lost and they give me the option to buy as many as I want fom them. Its ovious they know nothing about the unit they are talking about:

Dear customer,
We saw you're bid for the Elmo GS1200 Super 8 Projector NR (Item # 2977659078)
and we would like to make you an offer. We could offer you the same unit to buy
now without the auction for 450 Usd.
We will use UPS for shipping and Money Order service for payment.
Our company offer you shippment inssured - INTERNATIONALY/INSIDE COUNTRY
shipped. Shipping will take usually - 24/48 hours Shipping is made using UNITED
POSTAL/PARCEL SERVICE(UPS) SERVICE. Shipping is absolutely FREE! Yes, that's
right. SHIPPING IS FREE! Not only is shipping FREE but you will also receive
100% protection from loss or damage with our "On the House" FULL INSURANCE
coverage. Your shipment will be professionally secured with heavy-duty packaging
designed to protect the contents of your shipment cross country. Buy from us and
your transaction will be 100% HEADACHE FREE! And if any problems do arise, we'll
take care of all the paperwork and ship you replacement parts within a few days.
No other Company can offer you that kind of SECURITY and PEACE OF MIND. Did your
entire package get lost? We'll replace your entire machine for you for FREE! .
Our customer service professionals are ready to help you every step of the way .
We strive for QUALITY NOT QUANTITY. Here you will receive the individualized
care you deserve.
If you are interested please advice us how many units you want to buy and send
us the shipping details so we could make you an offer to my email address:
gjames1957@yahoo.com.
We are looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you in advance for your time,
Kind Regards,

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 13, 2004 04:55 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I meant to say that I have had that very same email at least twice before and virtually the same wording each time.
Try buying spares off them! thry wont even answer your emails. Probably would if you decided to part with your cash. [Mad]
Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC