8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » NEW RELEASES!!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NEW RELEASES!!!!!!!
Duncan MacLeod
Junior

- posted January 16, 2004 05:52 AM      Profile for Duncan MacLeod   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan MacLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New Year everyone,

Pleased to announce that we have two brand new releases for the Super 8 market. After checking the print and sound quality thoroughly, pleased to say that they more than match our latest efforts. I bet you're all fairly curious so without further delay here we go........

Gladiator - 1 x 400ft - Scope / Stereo - £39.99

The excellent "Battle Of Carthage" sequence seeing Maximus lead his gladiators to victory against all odds. As mentioned before picture and sound quality is stunning.

The 5th Element - 1 x 400ft - Scope / Stereo - £39.99

Attempting to out run the police Bruce Willis pulls off some outrageous maneuvers in his futuristic taxicab. Set against Luc Besson's colourful vision of the future this one will light up your screens.

Orders are being taken as we speak so feel free to contact myself (U.K) or Gary (overseas) and we will be happy to supply, as long as stocks last that is.

Also a big thank you to John Clancy and Keith Wilton for their efforts throughout. [Wink]

Before I go one last thing......As it stands we are having difficulty replying to our A.O.L customers. This is being worked on at the moment and we hope to have the problem rectified by early next week. Apologies and thanking you in advance for your patience.

All the best,

Duncan

--------------------
Why not visit the Derann Film Services website on www.derann.co.uk

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 16, 2004 06:38 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Duncan,
Good to see these new releases for the start of 2004. What have you got up your sleeve for the rest of the year. Any Features? [Wink]

Your right about AOL I too have most of my emails to AOL customers bounced back. [Frown]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Duncan MacLeod
Junior

- posted January 16, 2004 07:08 AM      Profile for Duncan MacLeod   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan MacLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Working on it Kevin......expect to see all the latest trailers and as you know we're constantly on the look out for quality extracts. As for features you will have to watch this space I'm afraid.

Hope all goes well with you're little get together tomorrow.... what D.V.D's will you be showing again? [Wink]

--------------------

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2004 07:11 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Exciting stuff! Well done Derann.

Now where's my credit card???

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2004 09:28 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duncan

DVD no 1- Gladiator- we can check out your new release!!!!!!

Tony [Big Grin]

p.s. Nice one Duncs!

--------------------
Tony

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2004 12:35 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those are some fantastic choices! I will definately be purchasing the Gladiator, and probably the Element as well.

I like the fact that Derann is releasing an extract from both a new and an older (not that old) feature. I think it would be nice to have a clip from one of the Matrix films. The highway scene with the twins from the second one would be great in scope/stereo.

Thanks Derann! You have my support!

Nick.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 16, 2004 01:49 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Duncan.
Glad to see a dealer on the forum, glad to see extracts making a come back, i'm not as wealthy as some of the chaps hear so i'll keep trying the lists for the slightly used demo's, I keep checking the street bins for my grub as well.
[Smile]

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2004 04:52 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duncan

You'll be pleased to know that the two extracts arrived in time to be scrutinised, revued and premiered in Tonys' sitting room at the Lightwater cine fest. The verdict from the boys was positive, with Gladiator winning the vote for best 400fter released this week [Wink]

Seriously, they are both great extracts and went down a storm with Gladiator being the favourite by a whisker [Smile]

Any chance of the full feature of Gladiator being released? Well you've gotta ask [Big Grin]

mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2004 03:10 AM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Mike, Gladiator was excellent and gets my vote as best release. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2004 05:30 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be up for a feature of Gladiator. Let's see, three hours long must equate to about £500. However, if Derann were to do it I'd be up for a copy. Any other collectors who would be prepared to take out a second mortgage?

How many would Derann have to sell to cover their costs? Twenty? Thirty?

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Duncan MacLeod
Junior

- posted January 19, 2004 07:46 AM      Profile for Duncan MacLeod   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan MacLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John,

Just did a few loose costings and we would have to sell 50 just to break even. I'm afraid due to it's length Gladiator would not be viable..... Unless I can get 50 deposits that is!!

On the extract front we find they work really well. As people have mentioned you don't have to re-mortgage and with the quality we are achieving with both sound and picture I think we're onto a winner. The review of both extracts should be in the next Film For The Collector, which is due out in Feb.

Thanks again to the people who have just purchased.... best get on and order another batch.

All the best,

Duncan

--------------------

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2004 09:10 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My deposit's in the post. Looking forward to another 49 collectors doing the same so we can have Gladiator full length.

A pig has just flown past the window.

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 19, 2004 09:28 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As long as John and I get the first two prints, I'm in. Who'll be #3?
Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2004 10:59 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I'll bite the bullet. How much for the print? Once I know the cost of the finished article my deposit will be in the post!

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2004 01:41 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duncs

I am up for one if the price is right and the wife don't find out [Wink]

I want top quality though!!!!!!

Tony

--------------------
Tony

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 22, 2004 06:46 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Put me down for one too. [Smile] Great print Dunc, was very impressed with the sound quality. It left the extarct from LOTR standing well behind in quality terms.

Keep them coming, Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC