8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo 24 fps drives just about ready.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo 24 fps drives just about ready.
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 16, 2004 01:45 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great news for all interested in the 24 fps drives for the HD- D
For those with these models my drives are being delivered next Thursday. The proto type is finished and in my machine and i am over the moon with the results.Bang on Perfest. I put a musical through and absolutley purring like a kitten with 100% accuracy being achieved. The engineer informs me(after looking in the back of my machine today) that 18 fps drives should not be a problem nor any other mechanical part involving shafts,gears or the like but they did stess in order to make any adventure like this worth while they need a min order of 25 due to the costs in proto type manufacturing and in this case having to send the batch to Exeter to be hard annadised for max wear strength. This has had an excellent response and i thank you all who gave your support especially to Mr Elmo and i am very much looking forward to sending them to all who have ordered and cant wait for your responses. I am over the moon and look forward to meeting many new freinds at Ealing in ,May when i visit there with my brother.
I have also sent e mails to all my customers.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2004 01:51 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, this is really good news, I'm so glad your venture has paid off and you received a good response from people ordering the part and that the finished product is so good. [Smile]

I'm not an ST owner myself but wonder if the same principal can be used to make up new parts for the GS in order to build up a collection of the parts most likely to need replacing in the future?

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2004 02:53 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom

BRILLIANT NEWS- NICE ONE!!!!

I am not sure how many people out there are buying one off Tom- I got his email but it does not include the other names.

Tom, appreciate your discretion but I would like a word woth those others who are buying this part. Could those people please contact me???

Thanks

Tony

--------------------
Tony

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2004 05:20 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friend and I have an HD each so I've ordered two.
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC