8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Hallo everyone, I'm new to forum

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hallo everyone, I'm new to forum
Mikael Sundstrom
Junior

- posted January 17, 2004 05:26 PM      Profile for Mikael Sundstrom   Email Mikael Sundstrom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hallo guys!

My name is Mikael Sundstrom. Iīm a 22 year old Elmo GS1200 owner from Sweden. I got into Super8 when I was 19. I wanted to learn about filmmaking the hard way. I wanted to learn about exposure and depth of field and not go the full auto video way. I chose the Super8 format because I belived at the time that since it was the smallest it had to be the cheapest. All it took was ONE cart of K40 to get hooked to the look and feel, the aestetics, of the format. Super8 has great charisma.

Then, somewhere along the line, I couldnīt help becoming more of a collector than an actual filmmaker. All of these cameras and projectors and all the cool accessories, each one with itīs own special abilities and character made me fall in to the collector's category quite fast. Naturally I soon started dreaming of an Elmo GS1200 and after a long time searching (and saving up) for one, I found one!

I still have the ambition to make movies, but for now, Iīm quite content collecting these cool gadgets!

I have been following this forum for some time and Iīm happy about being given permission to join. Hopefully I will have something to contribute to the creativity! [Smile]

I love my Elmo. Just wanted to say it. [Smile]

It has serial nr 827533 and the main motor says 3 July 1978.
I guess it is a Version 1. The only problem with it seems to be that one of the audio channels says "beeeeeee" in the background when playing. It getīs louder if you turn up the volume on the channel.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted January 17, 2004 05:45 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Mikael!
You have joined a really great Forum, full of talented people with specific knowledge and expertise in Super 8 film collecting and equipment. Our common bond is the great hobby of Super 8 film collecting which gives us, and our families and friends, a never ending source of interest and entertainment. People who just want to pop a DVD into a slot and flop on the couch to watch a movie, will find nothing of interest here. But you are obviously one of hundreds of people who have discovered the special pleasure of S8 film projection. Membership on this forum is increasing rapidly, now 131, up from 95 in October. So welcome again, and join in the fun.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2004 05:53 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Mikael, make yourself at home.
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 17, 2004 06:24 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mikael,

A lot of people on this forum are filmmakers too. Generally we are more likely to project our films than transfer them to video. While we're at it we also collect films and combine our own creations and the ones we collect in the same shows.

Welcome, and enjoy!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted January 17, 2004 10:42 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, Mikael, it's good to see more people getting interested in film. The cool thing about the Internet is the wide range of exposure. I'm sure someone on this Forum will offer some advice on your GS-1200 sound problem. Film is definately more fun than DVD or VHS. It's of another time and place (Wasn't that a [Roll Eyes] Movie?). [Eek!]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 17, 2004 11:42 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Mikael! Trevligt att råkas. You are absolutely right about Kodachrome 40. The prettiest reversal stock in the world.
Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2004 02:06 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mikael.

Nice intro. Another GS owner! Welcome to the Elmo with a dash of Sankyo and Eumig forum!! Look forward to your future posts.

Doug [Cool] - Respect for that Swedish bit-whatever it says!

Tony [Wink]

--------------------
Tony

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2004 02:54 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mikael - welcome!

It's always good to see new people joining the forum and great to know that the whole super 8 thing is attracting younger converts [Smile] . It's a great hobby that seems to have endless appeal.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 18, 2004 04:23 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello there,
welcome to a great site with so much to offer this hobby, i never realised how many GS owners there were, i'm still looking for bargin though. [Wink]

Mikael Sundstrom
Junior

- posted January 18, 2004 07:14 AM      Profile for Mikael Sundstrom   Email Mikael Sundstrom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys for the warm welcome [Smile] ! I was quite surprised about this actually. I am sure I will have a good time here! [Big Grin]

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2004 09:53 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Mikael!
About the beeee of your Elmo, push the rec button many times. Sometimes it's enough to stop the noise. If this solution doesn't work, you have to disassemble the frontal lid to clean the board behind that lid with a spray.

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Mikael Sundstrom
Junior

- posted January 19, 2004 11:04 AM      Profile for Mikael Sundstrom   Email Mikael Sundstrom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It worked! Thanks alot Ugo!! [Big Grin]

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2004 01:19 PM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are welcome!!!! [Wink]

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC