8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Kadachrome sound cartriges

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kadachrome sound cartriges
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 18, 2004 02:35 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Before kodak discontinued with super 8 sound cartridges my brother decided he would spent a small fortune and buy up 20.
Although as yet we havn't had any problems getting them developed bearing in mind these are all abount 3-4 years past the expiry date for processing,and they do look pretty good as well when we get them back. we still have 10 to use.
My question if someone could give me an idea is,
How long could we realistically expect these films to last before getting them developed?
We never were serious film makers, i enjoy collecting and watching my movies whereas my brother always thought himself a bit of a Director, like many we have enjoyed some great times attempting to make films most of which were just a bit of a laugh. We did do one good war film 15 years ago and i'm even proud to say got a blue seal award from the IAC that year. [Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 18, 2004 04:33 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,
Freeze 'em, and it's not a problem. Theoretically they'll last forever.

All you need to do is allow them to defrost about 24 hours prior to opening the package and using them.

[ January 18, 2004, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Steve Klare ]

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC