8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Calling all Elmo HD and D owners

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Calling all Elmo HD and D owners
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 23, 2004 01:01 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had the new 24FPS clucth drive units delivered to me today and they are perfect and ready to go, Thanks to all for your support and i do have other good news for the 18 fps drive for a later date, i shall put a more detailed posting into the FFTC mag or of course anyone can Email me. I wont bore you too much for now but wanted to say thank you for those who have ordered and i am very pleased to help keep these machines working.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2004 05:28 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom, I tried to e-mail you but I was blocked. How much are these 24fps drive units(ST1200D)and how do I order? Would I be able to install it myself? thanks...

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2004 06:25 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joe, did you receive my reply to your email about this?
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 25, 2004 05:10 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom,
I think the cost is £40.00 GBP with shipping on top. They are of a superior design to the original Elmo units and yes they can be replaced by the user.
It's great to have people like Tom looking into this sort of thing for us and I would like to give him a big thank you on the forum here. It's people like this that we should be supporting as its these spares which will help to keep our machines running.
Righy guys if you needed GS spares what would they be and that is not including the plastic guides. Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2004 05:26 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev'

Transformers [Confused]

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Chris Cottrill
Junior

- posted January 25, 2004 04:43 PM      Profile for Chris Cottrill   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Cottrill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom -- I am heeding the call. Please send me info on how to buy any new Elmo parts (besides belts -- that's about the only thing we can get in the states) you have. I want to buy the 24fps clutch immediately. Please include instructions on how to replace if you have them.

If you want -- you can email me directly to chris_cottrill@yahoo.com or leave a message with address and total price including shipping to Ohio (USA) on this forum.

--------------------
Chris Cottrill
Super-8 filmmaking Backissues
at www.super8today.net

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2004 03:16 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin, I think I'd say the motor for the GS-1200 is the most important part.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 26, 2004 02:48 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may seem a daft question to ask,(but i dont own a GS)are the motors officialy no longer availible? If they are i'll make some enquiries from other sources if i can help. [Smile]

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2004 06:27 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mal, no, didn't receive your reply, but thanks anyway... Tom got back to me. Tom, i'm waiting for details and costs.

--------------------
Joe Taffis

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2004 02:24 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There aren't any spare GS-1200 motors left. So there's a task for you Tom!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 27, 2004 11:55 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok i'm on the case and will see what i can do, and will e mail very soon to usa. [Smile]
Ok Joe, i'll be in touch very soon, i shalll get cost posted to you by e mail within next 48 hours.

[ January 27, 2004, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Tom Photiou ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC