8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Everyone please read this ref Film for the Collector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Everyone please read this ref Film for the Collector
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 27, 2004 11:54 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today i was talking to a super 8 VIP. I wanted to try and beat the deadline of Jan 30th for a letter to go in and was a little surprised to hear that i was ok for a week or two as they are still trying to get enough articles/letters together [Frown]
With so much good stuff to choose from on this forum i rekon we've all got enough material on here to fill magazines for the next 2-3 years. [Big Grin] What i was thinking is this- We all have a good forum chat from all over the world,how many people reading this recieve the magazine? Does anyone know exactly how many people are subscribed? Duncan can you give us any ideas on that one? I was told today any film related subject to do with our hobby can be put forward, super 8 16mm, 35mm, 70mm, projector tips of ALL makes, ( i know, maybe that should include me [Frown] ).
So i said i'll have a word on the forum and see what happens, maybe when you log off tonight stay in front of your PC click on word or whatever wordproccessor you use, think of a tip, a story or just an ad for something you dont want,( 1st 20 words are free remember). Those optical film lists put together as one would be a good small article, to name but just one, so many subjects and so many of us to put it into the mag with a permanent keep in print for you to look back on and be chuffed. [Big Grin] .
Anyway, hope no one gets all uptight, its just that that chat today to the 8mm VIP made me think, are we in danger of loosing are mag? [Eek!] I'm sure the big boss upstairs wouldnt want that.
Speak soon all.
[Wink]

|  IP: Logged

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2004 01:55 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom you're absolutely right. These forums are fantastic, I should know I spend a little too much time browsing them [Roll Eyes] . But the magazines are important on two fronts, one is longetivity and the other givving the hobby a physical pressence.

In terms of longetivity, I have quite a stack of Movie Maker Magazines from the seventies and eighties which I constantly refer too, sadly this electronic media is all too fragile and should this forum crash [ as it did once before [Frown] ]all our words of wisdom, jokes and queries would be lost. Forever. The Optical list is a good example of that, we ahve simply re-created something that was done only 12 months ago but lost without a trace......

And as for a phisical pressence, you can take a magazine with you wherever you go, show it to others and pass it on when you no longer want it. That's gotta be good for our hobby [Wink] .

I've taken your point and I shall try to get something together about Optical Prints and also the MGM list of digests. Should be some mileage in that [Smile] .

Mike.

ps. so when is the print date now?

pps. How many people on this forum subscribe to FFTC and ACE?

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Xander van der Merwe
Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2004 02:05 PM      Profile for Xander van der Merwe   Author's Homepage   Email Xander van der Merwe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can someone please post a link to this magazine here? I'd like to subscribe, thanks.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2004 02:36 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just email Derann to subscribe to the magazine.

In terms of articles I'd like to see one about the Lightwater mini convention get together. Get on with it boys.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 28, 2004 11:52 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] only three replies to this important subject [Frown]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC