8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Which Projector?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Which Projector?
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 29, 2004 04:30 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was quite amazed to see how many films with optical sound are around on 8mm, i think equally we could make a list of 8mm projectors that are also around and in use today, im sure we know of the elmo's but there must be a host of others out there still going strong, maybe we could list these and give me some homework as to who knows where we can get some spares, how many of you know that the main supplier of Eiki,(Elf) new spares works from down here in Plymouth, & it's not me [Roll Eyes]
Here goes, please feel free to add,
Elmo ST600, ST180, ST1200,1200D,1200HD,GS1200,Eumig MkS802,807,810D,822 Sonomatic,824 sonomatic, to name but a few, then thers the Bolex,chinnon,Sankyo,Bell & Howell filmosonic,(scratched my films [Mad] )Noris,Fumeo,to name but a few that must all still be gong very strong.

|  IP: Logged

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2004 02:48 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's other projectors besides Elmo's?

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2004 04:39 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You left out the GS800.....Bauers,Bolex,Sankyo,Chinon,Minolta,Yelco-just a few I've had.I swapped my GS1200 for a nice GS800 with 1.1 lens.It fits a ST1200 case nicely.I have to set up and take down my gear and I find the GS800 very portable.Trev

--------------------
Trevor

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 30, 2004 12:10 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Chaps,
keep that list comin'
i do wish i had a GS, tell me, i've always worried about getting one because they do seem to be the cream of machines but are they a little over complex? if they go wrong electronically who's around to put them right? How reliable are they in comparison to the ST1200HD? [Roll Eyes] Do they suffer with speed problems as my st600 did when parts of the speed circuit board went scilly on me,(any ideas who can fix that for me?)

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 30, 2004 03:56 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
The Fuji Projectors were nice machines especially the SH30 fuji's version of the ST1200 but a more electronic version. Same spec as the ST1200 and with optical sound as std.
Tom I would like to say here that the clutch you supplied me is superb and it's all credit due to you and the guy who made them. It looks like a genuine Elmo spare part but better made than the original.
Its thanks to people like you who are allowing us to keep our prized machines running. [Smile]
I will have a look at you ST600 for you sometime. No probs. Yes the GS has suffered problems with sped control in the past but the later machines had updated control boards which cured the prob. [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 30, 2004 05:10 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you fot that Kev, appreciate your help on the 600 later. It runs fine for about 200-400 ft then when you thread up another film it runs at about 30-36FPS until you uplug and let it cool down. It did have some mods done to the spped board a while ago and it did improve but now its gone again [Frown]
Ive passed on compliments to the engineers today and hopefully i'l get one more batch made possibly a mix of 24 and 18fps rollers.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 30, 2004 06:23 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Well put me down for the 18fps one please. Sounds like some thermal runaway on that board or a leaky capacitor. We will get it sorted. [Smile]
Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 31, 2004 01:23 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll put you down for one, got two 18fps enquiries so far, and thanks in advance for the help on the 600.The machine is in mint condition.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 31, 2004 07:31 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
As ever, your welcome. You have done a lot for us so its the least I can do. [Wink] Kev.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC