8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Very very rare projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Very very rare projector
Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2004 04:26 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the only one projector ables to match with the Elmo GS. It's very rare! It has a frame like a rock and works for a lot of time without problem. The Fumeo factory is working too.
Note: I'm not the seller

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3080143231&category=3320

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

|  IP: Logged

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2004 05:18 AM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ugo,
Can you tell us abit about this projector, it looks very well built as i'm sure all the Fumeo's where.

Chris.

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2004 05:42 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well. It has manual loading. The arms are for 700m (750? I'm not sure).
Ampli: 30W RMS
Frequency answer:
24fps optical: 50Hz- 7KHz,
24 fps mag 50Hz- 12 KHz
18 fps mag 50Hz- 10KHz
internal speaker: 6 watt
Two blades shutter; by order with three blades.
(from Brochure Fumeo)
It is a long runner! The machine on ebay has monophonic heads, but I have the address and the telephone of the factory which made the heads for the Fumeo. Mr. Rossi, general manager of the Photovox (Superga, Torino) said to me they have the stereo heads for the 9119. One of my friends made a light work: he converted the pre-amplifier to have a stereo RCA output connectable to his home hi-fi. This home hi-fi has a dolby Prologic amplifier. He buy the films from Derann or CHC: record the italian soundtrack from the DVD: he gets the sound from the earphone line and - incredible- the soundtrack arrives with the dolby prologic signal, right for the analogic traces of the super8.

Here photos of a similar machine of the ebay auction

http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/roberto967/images/PAGINAFOTOFUMEOMATT.HTM

[ February 24, 2004, 07:57 AM: Message edited by: Ugo Grassi ]

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2004 01:46 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the link, lots of interesting machines pictured there and they look very well built!

John

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2004 01:50 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just found another unusual projector on Ebay but unusual for different reasons; http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3389453006&category=1476 has anyone ever seen one of these before or know who made them?

Mike [Smile]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2004 05:28 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
This projector was sold by MPO Videotronics (don't know who really made it for them) and was one of a number of such types of machines popular in the late 60s to the dawn of video. Fairchild Camera & Instrument also had a couple of rear screen cart load machines in both regular and then super8. Technicolor also had similar machines in Super8 and even optical sound.

Aside from travelling sales presentations, they were also set up in stores for product demonstrations (blenders, vacuum cleaners, etc).

Some carts are easy to reload, others required jigs. At one time there was a business in the loading and special treatment (lubrication/vacuumate) of film in these carts.

John

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2004 04:52 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mike,just realised I've a oouple of these salesman gimmicks out in the shed.I tried one out and it works OK.I only have one cartridge and it is on the circulatory system!Trev

--------------------
Trevor

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2004 06:51 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3080814286&category=8271

An other Fumeo on eBay. It comes from Bavaria!

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Ronnie Coeuhant
Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2004 11:02 AM      Profile for Ronnie Coeuhant   Email Ronnie Coeuhant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Note that this does not come with 110V USA voltage. You'll need a step-up transformer.
quote:
This is the only one projector ables to match with the Elmo GS. It's very rare! It has a frame like a rock and works for a lot of time without problem. The Fumeo factory is working too.
Note: I'm not the seller

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3080143231&category=3320

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC