8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Scope Brackets

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scope Brackets
Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2004 01:56 PM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's the best type of bracket for mounting a scope lens on my GS1200 and ST1200? I know there is a screw hole at the front for mounting one, but is there a particular make of bracket i should go for that's better at getting the lens closer to the projector lens, avoiding cut off as much as possible.

Thanks Chris.

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2004 03:06 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris

It might be worth having a word with Duncan @ Derann, a while ago they had a stock of Scope Brackets come in of the type that were designed to fit on the front of the GS. I bought one, in fact it was the one that we used at the Lightwater Mini Cine Fest!

Otherwise they do come up from time-to-time on Ebay and on dealers lists, but they do vary, some are better than others probably someone else will be able to advise you on which are the best.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Colin Preston
Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2004 06:14 PM      Profile for Colin Preston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chris
I checked with Derann yesterday and they don't have any unfortunately [Frown]

Col

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2004 03:34 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Elmo swing bracket Chris. I'll beat you to any at the bfcc though. You have been warned.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2004 05:05 AM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, are you telling me that after all these years of getting into the BFCC before the crowds, that you still haven't got one. Blimey, theres no hope for the rest of us. [Frown] Tell you what John, if you get one, then i'll buy your current cardboard cut out version, with a spare roll of tape. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2004 11:50 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have found that a toilet roll, plastic squeeze bottle and some double sided sticky tape along with Peter Purvis and John Noakes is all you need

--------------------
Tony

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2004 10:44 AM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the replies, so to re cap, the most popular type of scope bracket is; An old Blue Peter special, made out of stick tape, old egg cartons and an empty washing up bottle, Great! [Frown] Well at least it will have plenty of charm, of course i could go for the swing bracket for the time being, oh well!
Chris. [Wink]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC