8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » DAS OMEN & Omen too, where are you?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DAS OMEN & Omen too, where are you?
Robert Aragon
Master Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2004 04:00 AM      Profile for Robert Aragon   Email Robert Aragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there, i posted my question in the wrong area I think, Sorry, Ummm, Was hoping someone could help me with finding PICCOLO's print of DAS OMEN and DAMIEN OMEN 2. Also, I heard they are much different than the American KEn prints...is this true? How so? Would love to have the photographer decapitation scene and storyline...Any help? thaanks so much, yrs, robert

|  IP: Logged

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2004 04:59 AM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the forum Robert, Sorry i can't help, but there will be some one who can, anyway welcome again.

Chris.

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

Robert Aragon
Master Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2004 12:50 PM      Profile for Robert Aragon   Email Robert Aragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Chris for the welcome...I love this place! yrs, rob

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2004 12:35 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert, don't know about "The Omen", but "Omen 2" is totally different to the Ken version.

I found one by complete chance at a convention a few years ago and liked the different box, so bought it expecting the same 400ft version of the movie with German sound. What a suprise! The print was masked for widescreen, unlike the Ken pan & scan, and was, in my opinion, a much better edit, with much more footage and a much more coherent story.

Still, some of the scenes from the Ken version weren't included and that classic elevator scene was still missing!!!

Also, the print I bought was horribly red (suitable in some ways I suppose!) so that's something to look out for and avoid.

Robert Aragon
Master Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2004 03:10 PM      Profile for Robert Aragon   Email Robert Aragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Rob for your input.... Still dying to know if the piccolo print has any other death scenes? I have heard about this since my little kid days... I heard the das Omen has different footage as well, does that MEan the Photographer decapitaion? I found a dealer in germany Nice man, who may have a copy of each for me. One other question, I heard alot of these Horror films are banned in germany...Why is that? hugs robertino

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC