8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » GS1200 Parts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GS1200 Parts
Dick Lee
Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2004 02:05 PM      Profile for Dick Lee   Email Dick Lee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys:

In following the threads, it would seem that the parts bins are drying up for the good Elmo projectors. I also noticed that there are a couple of people that have gone above and beyond in obtaining some newly made parts.

I know a gentleman that is in the repair business (repairs virtually everything in the way of Audio Visual equipment. He has been in the business for over 40 years. He MAKES a lot of the parts he needs for repair. He does most of the repair for the State of Oklahoma, Putnam City School System (largest Independent school system in the US) and also for the Okla. City
Public School System. He has kept my projectors and recording devises in excellent running order for at least 30 years.

I was talking with him about the parts problem and he advised that he might be able to help.

What do you'll think, have any parts that need to be replaced?
It would be better if he had one of the parts to go by.

Hope this might help.

Dick

|  IP: Logged

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2004 02:43 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dick,

Thanks for the offer and the lead. Yes parts are now in very short supply and I am afraid at this point I don't have any worn out or new ones to offer.

I guess the two key worries for owners remain drive motors and sound heads.

Tony

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC