8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Rock around the Clock dvd

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rock around the Clock dvd
Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2004 06:07 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I notice there is a chap selling new copies at ebay-it is an elusive title.Trev

--------------------
Trevor

|  IP: Logged

Dick Lee
Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2004 07:55 AM      Profile for Dick Lee   Email Dick Lee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trevor:

Be sure to look at his feedback. 6 Negatives in the last month.
All for basically (?) the same reason. Cheap, bad copies. One or even two, but 6 in 30 days?? All of them were of rock n roll
subjects.

Too bad, I wish someone would come out with the old Rock n Roll movies good condition. I wish I would have kept the 35mm print of Rock, Rock, Rock with Tuesday Weld.

Does anyone know if there have been any of these shows put on Super 8?

Have a good day. Dick

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2004 03:44 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree it is a bit of a gamble.The film wasn't to flash brand new on the screen.I've seen bits of it on tv and they are reminiscent of those terrible Elvis cuts from the Ed Sullivan show.Guess I'll see! Trev

--------------------
Trevor

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2004 09:28 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got my RatC dvd from seastone records.It is a good quality one.When I first saw this film it was in an "all male" segregated theatre with the house lights on! such was the fear RR would inflame basic desires in young men.Watching it,I can't help but think,"how tame and how SLOW!"Trev

--------------------
Trevor

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC