8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Happened At Derran's Open Day?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What Happened At Derran's Open Day?
Dick Lee
Film Handler

- posted April 20, 2004 08:30 AM      Profile for Dick Lee   Email Dick Lee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come you'll, give out with the happenings at Derrans Open Day.
Who bought what, what all was available-any new releases?

Also, is Keith Wilton out of town or ill? I've tried e-mailing him twice now about his Odeon tapes and have yet to hear from him. If someone that knows him would have him contact me at
radnet3@cox.net, I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks, Dick

|  IP: Logged

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 20, 2004 12:08 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dick, I only managed to get there for a couple of hours but all the new stuff was there to buy. Very tempting!

The one film show we saw was put together with all the usual care and I think a big thanks is due to all the Derann team for giving up their Saturday for us film crazies! Special thanks to Duncan, whose enthusiasm to give out the free coffee really helped my awful Friday night hang-over!!!

I think a few more punters would have been nice, but there were still some arriving as we left, so maybe there was a steady stream throughout the day. Certainly many who were there seemed to be parting with cash, which was a good sign!

Having convinced my sister to come with me on the promise of some Lord of the Rings trailers (she's a real LOTRs nut!!!) we were glad to pick up all three trailers. I might even have to admit to watching them a few times myself. If anyone hasn't got these they're really good (even to a "not quite convinced about LOTRs" viewer like me), especially the 'scope ones.

Also, thanks again Duncan for the bargain price on these; didn't quite realise at the time 'cos my coffee was still fighting off the hang-over [Cool] !

Well worth a day out [Smile] .

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2004 02:50 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can confirm what Rob has said about the Lord of the Rings trailers. The 'Scope ones in particular are outstanding. And I have no interest in the feature films at all - so they must be good trailers.

Dick, I've emailed your post to Keith. I know he's received a couple of emails recently about the Armchair Odeons series but he's tied up doing a new video right now before he can get on with re-compiling the old ones. I'm pressurizing him to do it though.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Dick Lee
Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2004 07:32 AM      Profile for Dick Lee   Email Dick Lee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks John. Are the trailors the only new releases?
Did you happen to get a couple of pic's that you could share?

Thanks again. Dick

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2004 08:53 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't attend; haven't been to an open day for ages. Something I must correct in the near future.

There have been plenty of recent releases from Derann. As Duncan's post today confirms, there are now two extracts from Gladiator. Both run about 12 minutes. I can't wait to see the new one as it is the entire opening of the film. Let's hope enough collectors buy it and we can have yet another extract. Now which sequence would we like next? Hmmmmnn.

Other recent releases: Loads of 'Scope trailers (Last Samurai, Pirates of the Caribbean, Cat in the Hat etc.), flat trailers, extracts from Lord of the Rings and The Fifth Element, several computer generated animations including the Animatrix sequence 'Final Flight of the Osiris' in 'Scope.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC