8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New Release From Derann!!!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Release From Derann!!!!!!!!
Duncan MacLeod
Junior

- posted April 21, 2004 08:12 AM      Profile for Duncan MacLeod   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan MacLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello to everyone,

As the bearer of good news Derann proudly present our second installation from Ridley Scott's Gladiator.
The opening battle for Germania, complete with U.I.P opening, is now available in stunning Cinemascope and Stereo priced £39.99.
The segment itself opens with Maximus strolling through the cornfields and builds very nicely to the climatic battle sequence pitting Rome's legions against the last remains of the Germanic empire.
Orders are now being taken so feel free to contact myself for orders and enquiries - duncan@derann.co.uk

More on the way folks and keep an eye out for our new website coming very soon..........

All the best,

Duncan

--------------------
Why not visit the Derann Film Services website on www.derann.co.uk

|  IP: Logged

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2004 08:47 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unbelievable! YIPPEE! Gimme, gimme, gimme.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2004 10:24 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duncan,

DOn't hold back- give us the whole movie....

Tony

--------------------
Tony

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2004 03:09 PM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Am I and the American gentleman who replied to my recent posting,the only collectors who want more of,Lord Of The Rings!Dave Roberts

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2004 03:22 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duncan, fantastic news. I shall be ringing you tomorrow with my credit card number [Smile] . Now, how many extracts will we need to make up the whole feature.........

Mike

ps. David, just so that you don't feel alone I should tell you that I too would like to see more extracts from LOTR. I wouldn't be interested in a whole feature though, I think they are the type of films that lends themselves to being broken down into 400ft chunks [Big Grin]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2004 04:48 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Duncan, what about the hobbyists who couldn't care less about GLADIATOR, THE 5th ELEMENT, or LOTR? How about an extract or some 400' chunks from Mel Gibson's THE PATRIOT? [Big Grin] ... but seriously, how about a nice, new horror extract of some classic, or a new release of a classic horror feature? I'm happy about these new releases, but they're just not for me. I wish you all the best! [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2004 08:15 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great news Duncan! I think that the 400 foot scene extracts are the most fantastic idea and very practical for the future of super-8! They are reasonably priced and the ones I've seen (T2-The Case & Gladiator-Battle of Carthage) are very self contained.

These are so practical due to the fact that most people love to watch these great scenes on the big screen, but most people don't have time to watch a whole movie, especially if they've seen it already.

I've even taken a scene out of my Independence Day feature and run it as an extract during a show.

Nick.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 23, 2004 03:03 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent news, i will be getting some of these and i'm very pleased to see the return of the good old 400fter especially as other extracts from the same film are coming out as this is a good way of us poor people being able to afford a baby feature. [Razz]
Keep it up chaps. [Wink]

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2004 02:20 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith Wilton sends his apologies that he does not contribute to the forum but assuming he's not so busy in the future may get on one day. He advises a couple of new releases have just turned up for review from Derann. The new Gladiator sequence looks very good at first glance - the same quality as the previous sequence. There is also a 400 footer from the Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas 'Gunfight and the OK Corral' and another trailer, the title of which escapes me.

Keith also attended the Tadley convention on Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed himself. He was certainly impressed with the cinema.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 27, 2004 12:16 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
More LOTR extracts would be great but for me I would like to see some extracts from the Harry Potter Films.
[Smile]
Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Dick Lee
Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2004 03:50 PM      Profile for Dick Lee   Email Dick Lee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin:

I second that idea with great vigor!!!

Dick

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2004 05:08 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nahhhh

Give us GLADIATOR Duncy Baby

Tony Maximus Milmanus

--------------------
Tony

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC