8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » GS1200 instruction book wanted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GS1200 instruction book wanted
David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2004 03:00 PM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone supply a copy of this,as I have just purchased one of these machines
I admit the GS1200 is a much nicer machine to handle than my Fumeo 9119,which is a fiddle to lace up and is rather noisy.I think the Fumeo gives the better picture though and is certainly brighter.
The thing that scares me about the Elmo,is its complexity!I wonder at the wisdom of spending so much money on equipment for which there ara next to no spare parts available,let alone anyone able to do the work.
However,Ive taken the plunge and for now at least Ican enjoy what probably is the best super 8 projector ever made.
I still think the Fumeo will be going long after the Elmo has died though!!!

Dave Roberts

|  IP: Logged

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2004 03:16 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello David

I too shared your worries about buying a GS 1200 as I was concerned about the future availability of spares and of getting it repaired as and when neccessary. I have to say though that over the past couple of years mine has made me feel confident in its long term viability and has really given me no stress and loads of pleasure [Smile] .

On two occassions it appeared to need attention and on both the troubles were quickly resolved simply by posting queries on this site and following the advice that was forthcoming from the Elmo experts among the members.

What I have learnt is that Elmos like to be used, I don't show films as often as some of the chaps on here but try to get the GS up and running at least once every couple of weeks, it seems to like that and purrs away contntedly.

As for spares, there seems to be an interest in having one off components made up at the moment and even if these aren't needed immediately they are worth buying for future piece of mind [Smile] .

Overall the GS is a great machine and if it is looked after and treated with respect, should give you many happy years of film shows.

Enjoy.

Mike

ps. for the manual it might be worth trying Oldtimer cameras; http://www.oldtimercameras.com/ whos site seems to be temporarily down [Confused]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Ronnie Coeuhant
Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2004 09:56 PM      Profile for Ronnie Coeuhant   Email Ronnie Coeuhant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dave,

I'm curious, what is the lens that your Fumeo came with and what is the bulb type. From the pics in eBay before, it appears that it uses the Schneider f1.1 lens. No?

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2004 02:36 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, if you can't get a manual email me at john.clancy@bfcc.biz with your address and I'll copy one of mine and send it to you.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2004 01:05 PM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike
thanks for your comments about GS1200 reliability,I FEEL HAPPIER ALREADY?
Ronnie,
regarding my Fumeo. It came with a vario-cinelux f1.1/11-30 lens which Im fairly certain is identicle to the Schneider lens you mention,and which I also have.
The lamp is an EJL 24v 200watt type which I think some peaple use in the gs1200.I think the Fumeo could have a 2 bladed shutter which would account for its brighter picture.
I must say though ,the GS is wonderful and I now understand all the praise heaped on them!
Thanks for your interest
David.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC