8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What's this all about?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's this all about?
Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2004 02:38 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a load of rubbish this guy is talking about:

web page

[Frown]

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 01, 2004 04:58 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with you Tony. These machines have had minor improvements made during their production runs but nothing along those lines. I think the motors he is talking about are the same as the ones you have in your machine. They look like a minor upgrade in design by Mitsubishi and not a spec change. Also I have bought 2 very late models off Ebay and sold a couple via ebay so he really is living in cloud cuckoo land. Still I suppose it will seem impressive to those not in the know. [Frown]

Kev. [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Ronnie Coeuhant
Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2004 12:49 PM      Profile for Ronnie Coeuhant   Email Ronnie Coeuhant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the same guy who bought the Elmo f1.0 for $610.

He's saying he's disposing his S8 equipment because of failing health. On the other hand, he is bidding aggressively on a lot of other S8 items. I know because bumped into him several times in eBay.

Better watch out of what he is selling because he tends to exaggerate from his description of the items.

Ian O'Reilly
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2004 01:46 PM      Profile for Ian O'Reilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks Like an Early Model to me, check the volume control knobs the later models had a dash not spots.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 01, 2004 02:06 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok guys... I have been trying to stay with the motto that if you don't have anything nice to say about anyone..dont say anything at all. However let me give you a brief history of my dealings with this man.
He is the man who purchased via Ebay my GS1200P Xenon machine in October. He bought it for $2600 and then tried to sell it to the next high bidder for $3800!
The first machine he recieved and he told me that everything was in great condition- thanks for the sale. He asked me if I had any other machines for sale and I told him that I had a record model but it wasn't for sale.
Well, necessity forced me to sell that model as well a few months down the road.
I told him it came with the 1.2 auditorium lens, and a 1.3 lens I had lying around, the original manual, in good working condition- just gone through Leon's clean up and check.
He asked me if this was the model with the improved non scratch piece. I told him they never made a model from the factory with the piece and he told me that for the money I wanted I should go to Germany and have it installed! I told him to forget the deal. He said he still wanted it.
When it arrives he calls me on the phone and tells me the bulb wont light. I hear him clicking it on and off. I tell him to stop because its not good for the Xenon, hell burn the bulb out. He continues saying the regular GS's you can turn the bulb on and off. I told him the machines are different and to wait a second.
Voila..it works. He thanks me and asks me if I have any Bolex cameras! I tell him that I'm not a dealer but just a guy who is selling his machines. He tells me if I see of a Bolex to let him know. (?)
A month later he sends me a nasty email telling me that the first machine is in crap condition, the second machine is worse than the first and it came with a crap lens! (1.2-rare and very good lens!) But if I paypal him $500 US dollars than he will be ok with the deal. On and on this goes for months. Finally he tells me that when he was in the army with the special ops dept. he met some guys who are interested in my internet fraud and he is going to have me investigated by the FBI. And I have 24 hours to deposit $500 into his Paypal account or Else!
I finally have to get Ebay involved and tell them of this guy and I forward the emails he sent me to them. Since he is a dealer they told him to back off or else they will terminate his account.
The final email I receive from this guy in January is this:
"I will be coming back to where you work later this year and I will see you, Mr. Crook." I also forgot to add the racial slurs he put in his emails. Because my email is Rchan at earthlink. he said that he was going to get INS involved and was going to have me deported. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I was born here in the states and have been a citizen all my life! [Smile]

Ronnie Coeuhant
Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2004 02:29 PM      Profile for Ronnie Coeuhant   Email Ronnie Coeuhant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, what a story there, Alan. If you think the other way, you can say anything bad about someone as long as it will help anyone particularly in this message board [Wink] .

On the GS-1200 he is selling for $1,595, he actually bought it for $898 just 2 weeks ago. Hey, $700 profit in 2 weeks. Why not?

GS-1200

He is a dealer and takes advantage of those who are not in the know. I am not against him doing this as his business but against the lies he his telling everyone that he is old and and in frail health and disposing his wares. He is saying this on some of his items. So better watch out.

Robert Aragon
Master Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2004 02:53 PM      Profile for Robert Aragon   Email Robert Aragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW...let me tell you guys thanks a lot! I have been looking for a gs 1200 and found this auction, was considering collecting my nickels and dimes to win this. BUT, After these stories, I guess there are some "not nice dealers" out there, have had a couple of bad encounters before...But, I am such an overly sensitive kid...I always felt bad for the dealer, and forgave the bad dealings. But,why can't every dealer...be simply honest! I will not be bidding on this...OH, BY the way....ANY GS 1200 elmos out there for me? I will be getting some cash on the 16th and hoping to find a new machine..or like new. yrs, rob

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2004 03:24 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also thought it was strange that this guy was selling stuff because of poor health, and also buying related equipment at the same time....thanks to all for the info....

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2004 03:26 PM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These type of eBay sellers should be removed from eBay, especially when you send ebay proof of the kind of emails you where getting, thank god most ebayers are decent and honest.
Ebay is full of rules and regulations, but they don't seem to keen to implement them at times. [Mad]

Chris.

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2004 03:35 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It didn't take me long to learn that eBay is basically a pirate ship...You have to watch out for yourself. They are more concerned with their commissions. PayPal is a different matter; at least you have a chance to get your money back from a bad deal.(p.s. I know eBay now owns PayPal...) [Big Grin] Dick Lee, I see you're bidding on this guy's auction...are you reading this????

--------------------
Joe Taffis

David Michael Leugers
Master Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2004 04:11 PM      Profile for David Michael Leugers   Email David Michael Leugers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe you are so right about eBay and watching out for yourself. EBay is only concerned with making money. Deadbeats and thiefs continue to operate on eBay with little bother it seems. I have cut way back on my eBaying because of it.

David M. Leugers

--------------------
Live Free or Die

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2004 05:01 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank Adams is one of God's Finest. A great character
and Gentleman!!!!

Friendly, witty, honest, dependable,charming,reliable,
interesting, lovable,warm,sociable,pleasant,fascinating and super doper cinephile person.

Fact is he is coming over this Christmas to spend time with me and the whole family circle. I'm paying his air fare and everything.

Apart from a big brown rat getting in his head two years ago and gnawing out his brain he would pass for a normal person any day.

If I told you my real story I would be here longer than a Mark Todd email.

Enough to say that Frank promised to get me arrested by the FBI and was to contact the Mayor to have me convicted on zoning violations (someone please explain that one to me).

God bless Ebay for letting him get to meet lots of new friends.
He does like to email a lot!!!!!

Must go the G Men are at the door for coffee again

[Wink] [Wink] [Wink] [Wink] [Wink] [Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2004 09:51 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not even a distant relation of mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Trev Adams

--------------------
Trevor

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 02, 2004 12:44 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These are great replies! To think I was holding all this in..:0
I have a file with all his emails. I think I have about 20 or 30. I lost count after I figured he was a loon!
In one of the emails I told him that I wish I never had sold the machine to him because I said he was not a collector, but a shark. He didn't deserve a GS1200.
That made me smile. [Smile]

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2004 03:57 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan

How come all your words are mine.

I think I got past 30 emails close to 100.

I didnt keep them after a while they get repetitive.

The more you write or reply the more he goes off his head.

He is like a "Mr Angry" Forever Penpal .

If you want to lose him just dont respond and he gets bored.
emailing in cyperspace.

He's up there with my top five ebayers.

There is another idiot in Sweden who surpasses even Frank. Fact is I started to pine for Frank when I was dealing with him.
Theres also another one called devil666 who wants his post sent to Count Dracula or some variation of that name. His only previous ebay purchases before me were for satanic rituals and witchcraft.

Then he buys Laurel & Hardy from me. [Eek!]

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2004 06:22 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you guys left very negative feedback for this seller because at present it reads 99.7% positive!!!

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2004 07:06 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope

He left me positive and I left him positive.

Then he started complaining.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 02, 2004 08:04 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes..I left postive and then he left positive then IT began!...then I kept bouncing his emails back to him unread after email 30 or so. I dont think he got bored..I think he found Mike!
We should start a favorite quotes of Frank Adams thread! Here is one of my favorites!
"I have never in 900 transactions dealt with such a bad persons as you are. I would suggest for your benefit that you make some kind of a settlement with me Chan is that your name or an alias. I have applied for a supoena on you."

[Razz]

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2004 08:13 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ricky

You really need to experience him first hand
to appreciate his full potential.

I just have these images of Johnny from the Shining/Homer Simpson
on acid when I think about him.

Go on bid on his projector it could make your day/year!!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC