8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Canon 1014XL-S film compatibility

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Canon 1014XL-S film compatibility
John Cook
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2004 11:34 PM      Profile for John Cook   Author's Homepage   Email John Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase a camera but am concerned about what type of film catridges it will accept. Will the 1014 accept both Ektachrome ELA594 and Kodachrome K40?

Regards, John

--------------------
Come visit The Pit
http://members.cox.net/home-theater

|  IP: Logged

Ronnie Coeuhant
Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2004 01:30 AM      Profile for Ronnie Coeuhant   Email Ronnie Coeuhant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the ELA594 is a sound film. These are no longer manufactured. The K40 is perfect for 1014XL-S.

If you want to find more about cameras, may I suggest www.filmshooting.com forum. Members there talk about cameras more than projectors which is the exact opposite of this forum.

John Cook
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2004 07:27 AM      Profile for John Cook   Author's Homepage   Email John Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ronnie,

Thanks, the reason I asked about the ELA594 is that I have three reels today, wondering if they'll fit?

Thanks, John

--------------------
Come visit The Pit
http://members.cox.net/home-theater

Ronnie Coeuhant
Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2004 09:27 AM      Profile for Ronnie Coeuhant   Email Ronnie Coeuhant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't get much information on the ELA594. If they are sound Super 8, they will fit in the Canon 1014xl-s.

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2004 12:29 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John

They will fit but you might have difficulty getting them processed, they are an obsolete film stock now. [Frown] I have got several carts in my fridge and have made arrangements to get them processed at the 'Super 8 reversal lab' in the Netherlands. You might want to try and find someone Stateside though.

If yuo want to get more details from the Netherlands Lab email them here; info@super8.nl or check out their website here; http://www.super8.nl/

Best of luck [Wink]

mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC