8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » www.derann.co.uk

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: www.derann.co.uk
Duncan MacLeod
Junior

- posted June 08, 2004 03:46 AM      Profile for Duncan MacLeod   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan MacLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Folks,

Just a quick note to inform you of our new website on the address above. Let me know what you think and any possible improvements.

All the best,

Duncan

--------------------
Why not visit the Derann Film Services website on www.derann.co.uk

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted June 08, 2004 06:53 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duncan,
Your new Web site is great-I'm sure it will boost your film sales. I suggest you add a links section, specifically with links to the BFCC and this forum.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Duncan MacLeod
Junior

- posted June 08, 2004 07:30 AM      Profile for Duncan MacLeod   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan MacLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Paul....your name goes into the hat for the prize draw!! John Clancy will be pleased to know that the links page is on the way.............

Thanks again,

Duncan

--------------------

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2004 08:18 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Duncan,

The site is better looking and much smoother, there only seems one fault to me, and that is the photos of the Derann staff, they are more clearer and if children should happen to wander onto these, it might do them permanent harm, perhaps you could put the old "H" certificate up on the link to them (only kidding, or am I?).

Well done Duncan, it definately is an improvement on the old site.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2004 08:33 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks very good Duncan, well done. One minor gripe though...

"people still want a big picture but instead of using film they are now using digital technology which gives much better sound and picture quality".

It may give better sound quality, but picture? I can't see us projecting video 24 feet wide from anything aimed at the home market. I think that says it all. Modern Super 8 films produced by Derann are something to be proud of and certainly knock spots off current budget (i.e. sub £10,000) video projectors. Perhaps someone should contradict/disagree with Adrian's comments on the history page.

And I'm cetainly looking forward to the 'Links' page.

Good work Duncan.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2004 02:53 PM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Duncan,
your site is great! Maybe one think that can be improved is that:
When you click on "price code conversion" it would be nice that a new window is opened whit price codes

Bye
Fabrizio

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 08, 2004 03:26 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What would be handy is online ordering. I remember when I ordered my first film from Derann it was a little daunting making an international call to give Gary my credit card info. This would make it easier for international users to get their feet wet.

Are the trailers listed anywhere?

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Colin Preston
Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2004 05:23 PM      Profile for Colin Preston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent improvements Duncan. Much brighter and great access
Colin [Big Grin]

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 10, 2004 06:48 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like this site much better, Duncan.

My only suggestion-
How about a section for "new" or "recent" releases. I couldn't find the Gladiator clips.

Great job though! Keep up the good work.

Nick.

Dick Lee
Film Handler

- posted June 10, 2004 08:22 AM      Profile for Dick Lee   Email Dick Lee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dunan:

Great site! I am also for the online ordering and new/recent releases. You might include the subscription to your magazine in there.

Again, great site!

Dick Lee

Duncan MacLeod
Junior

- posted June 10, 2004 09:43 AM      Profile for Duncan MacLeod   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan MacLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the positive input gents..........Barry will be pleased to know we are getting the new mugshots done as we speak. The new release section is on the way along with subscripton forms but as for on-line ordering we have no plans for this feature.....quite a costly and involved process so I'm told.

All the best and thanks again,

Duncan

--------------------

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2004 01:07 PM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too like the new site but also agree with John Clancy regarding the comments on digital quality being superior to film!!!!
I dont even agree that digital sound is always better. I agree that many film soundtracks are dreadful but a good analogue recording just sounds more natural and nicer to listen to.Has anyone noticed the resurgence of interest in vinyl records and valve(tube) amplifiers.
CD in comparison has a glassy sheen to it that just doesnt sound convincing.
Pardon the slight digression from an old luddite.

David

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC