8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Super8 as DVD-Bonus

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super8 as DVD-Bonus
Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2004 01:21 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I read about two german dvd companies who give their dvd releases
"Land that Time forgot" (with Doug McClure) and "Planet of the Vampires" (by Mario Bava) the original 8mm selected scene versions from the 70s as bonus.

Existing any other dvd releases worldwide with 8mm Bonus?

Andreas

[ September 11, 2004, 03:36 AM: Message edited by: Andreas Eggeling ]

|  IP: Logged

Timothy Ramzyk
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2013 01:28 AM      Profile for Timothy Ramzyk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the German DVDs of HORROR EXPRESS, COUNT DRACULA, THE TORTURE CHAMBER OF DR. SADISM have the 8mm version as a bonus. If I recall the Horror Express version is an almost unwatchable transfer though.

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2013 02:07 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

even though the thread is several years old: Here's a list of German DVD's with Super8-digests as "bonus":
http://www.super-8-hobby.de/rezent-dvd.htm
However the initial question was whether there are similar DVDs outside of Germany.

Jörg

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 16, 2013 03:58 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Joerg, thats a one of a kind list, I can't recall any other DVDs
with S/8 extracts on, other than German editions.Although I have
the film"Die Schlangengrube und Das Pendel",the 2x400' version
they include as extras, couldn't be more faded.I have the same UFA print and the colour is stunning.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 16, 2013 04:21 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And not to forget the German DVD of KONGA which has super 8 on it as well. [Big Grin]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC