8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Bauer T600 vs. T610

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bauer T600 vs. T610
Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2004 11:39 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two machines? I'm offered an T600 pretty cheaply and I'm very tempted to buy it. I have seen the T610 before and I was very impressed with it, but I have never seen the T600.
Anyone?

- Rob

|  IP: Logged

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2004 12:41 AM      Profile for Heinz-Juergen Schachner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

the BAUER T 600 is the older machine, without the electronically switched motor. The speed (18 or 24 fps) is switched by the motor belt. The BAUER T 600 always has a humming sound on sound playback. This has been modified on the T 610 (better transformer). The film path, claw, lamp and many other technical features are nearly the same.

If you are not annoyed by a humming sound on sound playback (mainly if you turn the volume lever very high) you can go for the T 600. They usually sell for 150 to 170 English Pounds, depending on the condition the machine is in.

Best Wishes

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Germany

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2004 04:58 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Heinz-Juergen,

Thanks for your reply. Well, to be honest, a hum in the sound isn't really what I'm looking for, but I guess for 100 Euro's I can't wrong. I can always upgrade to a T610 later.
On the German Ebay there are always quite a few Bauer S8 projectors available. The following models seem all to be in the 'Studio Klasse': T610, T600, T525, T510, T502
If you are familiar with these machines, how would you order them (in terms of desirability)?
I have never had a top-of-the-line Bauer before and I'm quite looking forward to getting the T600, but I need to be educated a bit on the subject...

Best,

- Rob

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 16, 2004 05:03 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Rob if you are going to get one from germany, get it from heinz direct, you won`t go wrong there and his packing is second to none and you`l get what you expect.
Best Mark.
PS the later machine the side comes off without the need to pull the switch nob off, far better.
best Mark.

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2004 05:13 AM      Profile for Heinz-Juergen Schachner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

the old models are BAUER T 500, BAUER T 520 DUOPLAY and BAUER T 600 STEREO. The latest models are the BAUER T 502 AUTOMATIC DUOPLAY, the BAUER T 510 STEREO, the BAUER T 525 MICROCOMPUTER DUOPLAY and the BAUER T 610 MICROCOMPUTER STEREO.

If I were you I would get the BAUER T 510 STEREO (without the microcomputer) and the BAUER T 610 MICROCOMPUTER STEREO. I would leave the DUOPLAY machines, if you want real stereo playback and recording.

The price of the BAUER T 600 is really ok, but there are many faulty machines available on eBay. I buy BAUER machines very often on eBay but I have to work much on them to get them running smoothly. Very often claw and cam are worn, because the cam is made of plastics and the claw is pivoted in plastics. Thus the machines are so quiet. If these parts are worn, both parts must be replaced. Only the parts (claw and cam) cost 50 English Pounds and you will need a special gauge to adjust the claw.

Best Wishes

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Germany

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2004 07:40 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Heinz,

That is excellent information. Thank you so much! I didn't buy this machine on Ebay and I have good reason to believe it has seen little use. The projector was owned by a guy who used to have a camera store. He was the only owner and this projector was only used to show his own family films. But then again, maybe it is a little naive to take the seller's word for this all... Anyway, wait and see.

You seem to be a bit of an expert on Bauer projectors. I'm also looking for another Regular8 sound projector. The ones I'm using now are a couple of Eumig's. Did Bauer ever do any top-quality R8 sound projectors? I would especially like to have one that could fit an 150W halogen bulb and also could fit a fast, quality lens (e.g. the Xenovaron 1.1).

Thanks again,

- Rob

P.S. Are you the phantom of the opera?

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2004 08:00 AM      Profile for Heinz-Juergen Schachner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

BAUER did never built a good regular8 machine. They did produce regular8 machines in Italy (SILMA) and all these machine did not have a front sprocket reel. Film transportation is done by the claw and the rear sprocket reel. This is really not recommended, because the machines are very sensitive about splices and the claw shows wear rather quickly.

Yes, I am the one with the chandelier [Wink]

Best Wishes

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Germany

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC